Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Liam Picken escape not so tweet

Jackie Epstein - Herald Sun - 25 February

NORTH Melbourne has vented its dismay at the match review panel's inconsistency.

While expressing doubt over penalties, it is believed the club wrote a letter to AFL football operations manager Adrian Anderson seeking clarification.

Drew Petrie was handed a one-match sanction for a high bump on Darren Milburn on Sunday, while Bulldog Liam Picken was cleared after an incident that left Shaun Atley with a broken nose.

Midfielder Andrew Swallow tweeted his disappointment: "Drewy rubbed out for a week ... meanwhile Shaun Atley's nose broken?? Hello ... "

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liam Picken escape not so tweet

Swallow will escape penalty for his post on twitter.

"Provided he doesn't make comments regarding the umpires he is not contravening any rules," an AFL spokesman said.

?????

Am i reading this correctly? So basically it is open slather on the tribunal now? Geez i hope some players take advantage of this and let it be known what they really think about the tribunals inconsistencies and ridiculous decisions.

And just another point isn't he indirectly commenting on the umpires with what he wrote? I mean it was them who reported one incident and not the other, so as long as you aren't commenting directly on the umpires it's ok. Thats a big can of worms there
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

So it's not just the supporters at the Kangaroos, it's also the players!

Whinge, whinge, whinge. Just keep playing the man Norf, it's all you're capable of....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    Swallow will escape penalty for his post on twitter.

"Provided he doesn't make comments regarding the umpires he is not contravening any rules," an AFL spokesman said.

?????

Am i reading this correctly? So basically it is open slather on the tribunal now? Geez i hope some players take advantage of this and let it be known what they really think about the tribunals inconsistencies and ridiculous decisions.
    Haha this could be fantastic for the upcoming season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    So it's not just the supporters at the Kangaroos, it's also the players!

Whinge, whinge, whinge. Just keep playing the man Norf, it's all you're capable of....
    Moan Moan Whinge complain . Our blokes should have bumped and harrassed him as he came off
    I'm shocked they haven't blamed Caroline Wilson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Moan Moan Whinge complain . Our blokes should have bumped and harrassed him as he came off
    I'm shocked they haven't blamed Caroline Wilson
    I do Remi isn't she the AFL's biggest problem. (she should hang around with Ainters Players )