Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding Fev

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rebuilding Fev

He's 30. Time is not on his side. I have the feeling he's not going to keep his body right, like Barry did when he was out of it.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Nooooooooooooooo! Definitely, no! Whilst I have some sympathy for the guy, and perhaps he still has some time left, the negatives far outweigh the positives IMO. Perhaps if he gets his life together, he may find a role as a mentor for younger players, maybe through the AFL?

Post Thanks / Like

Have always liked him as a player.

He's always cut as apart.

He ( a forward like him) has, since Beasley retired, been what we've been crying out for. We've only just got one in Barry but he's on his last legs.

I said to a mate on the w/e that i reckon he'll end up here, then Crawf runs that article on Sunday.

If he stays fit then i think theres a good chance we'll go for him, even if GWS poach-to-trade. Once Barry retires (assuming end of season) we don't have a big KP forward. Grant looks like he'll never bulk up and while Jones looks like he might he's still going to only be just heading in as a 2nd year player to 2012 based on games played/experience.

Who else is realistically out there as a KP forward who'll be up for grabs that we wont have to give up the world for?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post

He's always cut us apart.
    No he hasn't. His goal average per game is the lowest against us.

Dale Morris owns him and his only bag was on Lake when he snagged 6, 4 of which where in the last qtr when our midfield got tore apart by the likes of Judd, Murphy, Gibbs & Simpson who dished it up on a platter to Fev.

Post Thanks / Like

I quite like Fev and he has improved his on field demeanor alot in the last couple of years.

If he adressed his mental issues with professional help then that is a positive.

The negatives that worry me are as that Tossbag McClure alluded to on Fox footy 360 the other day was Carlton had their worst ten year period when Fev was there and the Bears were crap when he was there too.

On the other hand you cannot blame him solely for poor team performance but it is not really a positive on his resume.

If he were to play for us I would want him to agree to a full alcohol ban also.

Post Thanks / Like

If Fev manages to land a contract with a VFL club for this season and then manages to play out the season well, train well, and show over the next 8 months that he has been able to re-mediate his drinking and other problems, I think he would then be a compelling proposition for a 1 year deal at an AFL club.

Would not want the Dogs to consider him, but if all of the above things were to happen then I would imagine that a conversation would at least need to be had internally at all club bar Brisbane and the Blues.

Post Thanks / Like

better to see him go out on a high. Like cousins, what good does it do to point the finger? We've all had a few wild nights on the grog or other issues. I'd like to see him triumph and get over it.Sadly though, I feel that AFL has contributed more to his issues than assisted with them.
    For his own personal health, might be good to just start afresh.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

He's always cut as apart.

He ( a forward like him) has, since Beasley retired, been what we've been crying out for. We've only just got one in Barry but he's on his last legs.

Last legs??? Barry is 'Cherry Ripe' to quote SS. Has the body of a 30 year old and wouldn't not be surprised if he goes another two years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    better to see him go out on a high. Like cousins, what good does it do to point the finger? We've all had a few wild nights on the grog or other issues. I'd like to see him triumph and get over it.Sadly though, I feel that AFL has contributed more to his issues than assisted with them.
    For his own personal health, might be good to just start afresh.
    It's not a few wild nights on the grog that's the issue.

It's ten plus years of rampant d!ckhead behaviour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    It's not a few wild nights on the grog that's the issue.

It's ten plus years of rampant d!ckhead behaviour.
    Exactly. The perpetual kid. So would you not like to see him get over it, grow up and go out kicking a few bags? Highly unlikely, I might add

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. The perpetual kid. So would you not like to see him get over it, grow up and go out kicking a few bags? Highly unlikely, I might add
    No, I couldn't care less about Fev. And calling him a perpetual kid is crazy. He's not. He's 30 years old. He has children. He is an adult. Act like one, ffs, and then you might be deserving of sympathy. Some might say "the afl is partly to blame", but that's hogwash. He chooses to act like a knob. He chooses to sneak out on NYE. Noone makes him do it, it's not the grog acting, it's Fev.

Sure he's a great player, but he deserves exactly zero sympathy. Anyone who gives it to him is a fool. I've said in past threads that anyone who can't get their act together for the amount of money and opportunity that being a star player brings them quite simply doesn't deserve it.

Forget Fev, he's done. Or at least, he deserves to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Last legs??? Barry is 'Cherry Ripe' to quote SS. Has the body of a 30 year old and wouldn't not be surprised if he goes another two years.
    That's great GD, and what do we do then?

I'd call a player who has only 2 years left "on their last legs".

Post Thanks / Like

That's great GD, and what do we do then?

I'd call a player who has only 2 years left "on their last legs".
    Ha. Fair enough then MRM.
    Grant should have had a few dinners by then.
    So Grant and Jones don't have it in your view?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    No, I couldn't care less about Fev. And calling him a perpetual kid is crazy. He's not. He's 30 years old. He has children. He is an adult. Act like one, ffs, and then you might be deserving of sympathy. Some might say "the afl is partly to blame", but that's hogwash. He chooses to act like a knob. He chooses to sneak out on NYE. Noone makes him do it, it's not the grog acting, it's Fev.

Sure he's a great player, but he deserves exactly zero sympathy. Anyone who gives it to him is a fool. I've said in past threads that anyone who can't get their act together for the amount of money and opportunity that being a star player brings them quite simply doesn't deserve it.

Forget Fev, he's done. Or at least, he deserves to be.
    You got me wrong. I say he acts like a kid ie shows no responsibility. But obviously he isn't one.
    I don't say the AFL is to blame at all, but being a star with all the benefits of pro sport has not really helped resolve his issues has it? He might actually do a lot better in VFL where there is less scruitiny, money etc.

But IMO, should quit and get out of it. Get a 'real' job for a while perhaps.

How are his kids going to benefit if he stays a washed up old soak? Its not sympathy to hope someone snaps out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha. Fair enough then MRM.
    Grant should have had a few dinners by then.
    So Grant and Jones don't have it in your view?
    Don't think Grant has the body to ever fully fill-out. Jones on the other hand may.

This is not a talent criticism of them both, i'm just of the opinion that if Barry happens to last another season after this that they wont be able to fill his role.

Whether our forward line becomes more dynamic in the next couple of seasons (lets face it we've had to be dynamic from HB to FF to kick goals for the last 20 years) and the need for a power KP forward isn't there remains to be seen.
    All i know is that playing medium/small across the forward line without an out-and-out proven tall forward hasn't got us over that next hurdle (Prelim).