Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding Fev

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rebuilding Fev

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    Hmm. That may be true. I still think Fev probably has history working against him. I wonder how many times he's already given the "I'm off the booze/punt/chicks" line to the applicable authorities? It would just be so hard to believe again. No argument on his talent, but I guess that's a big part of the problem, isn't it?

I'm ok with not having a team of good blokes, but there's a limit to what I'd want to surrender, even for a premiership.

It's a tough one, but still no for mine.
    How many times do you think Cousins told West Coast he was off drugs? He got a second chance.

As we all know there are no certainties in life, but if someone said to you if you get Fevola you will win the premiership you would still say no? Surely you jest?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    How many times do you think Cousins told West Coast he was off drugs? He got a second chance.

As we all know there are no certainties in life, but if someone said to you if you get Fevola you will win the premiership you would still say no? Surely you jest?!
    Fair point.

I'll pose a hypothetical to you re Cousins: how many chances would he have been given had he been player 33 on the list?

The answer is 0 of course, but he was a star so they ignored it for their convenience. They knew what was going on. Sure they won the flag, but everyone knows the club was rife with drugs, and it still gets mentioned today.

Can someone actually say "take Fevola, you're guaranteed to win a flag"? Of course not, so it's a moot point. But to answer it somewhat:

Would I take a Fevola that's been d!ckhead proofed if it guarantees a flag? Yes.

Can you d!ckhead proof Fevola? No. He's a d!ckhead.

So the question can only be, will you take Fevola, knowing that he's a recidivist d!ckhead, and any claims to sobriety/normalcy are a lie?

He's a club cancer. Post all the hypotheticals you like. Do not want.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair point.

I'll pose a hypothetical to you re Cousins: how many chances would he have been given had he been player 33 on the list?

The answer is 0 of course, but he was a star so they ignored it for their convenience. They knew what was going on. Sure they won the flag, but everyone knows the club was rife with drugs, and it still gets mentioned today.

Can someone actually say "take Fevola, you're guaranteed to win a flag"? Of course not, so it's a moot point. But to answer it somewhat:

Would I take a Fevola that's been d!ckhead proofed if it guarantees a flag? Yes.

Can you d!ckhead proof Fevola? No. He's a d!ckhead.

So the question can only be, will you take Fevola, knowing that he's a recidivist d!ckhead, and any claims to sobriety/normalcy are a lie?

He's a club cancer. Post all the hypotheticals you like. Do not want.
    Yes we all know Cousins only got extended chances due to he was a champion of the game.

Will be very interesting about Fevola as at the top of his game is a very very good player.

But you are right hypotheticals are moot points, and my response to you about not taking Fev over a premiership was tongue in cheek more than anything as we have waited so long for a premiership.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    Yes we all know Cousins only got extended chances due to he was a champion of the game.

Will be very interesting about Fevola as at the top of his game is a very very good player.

But you are right hypotheticals are moot points, and my response to you about not taking Fev over a premiership was tongue in cheek more than anything as we have waited so long for a premiership.
    Cousins was on it as a 17yo, if I know do you think the afl would have known?

Post Thanks / Like

It's not a few wild nights on the grog that's the issue.

It's ten plus years of rampant d!ckhead behaviour.
    Yeah Fev. Leave all of that to me

Post Thanks / Like

Fevola has reportedly signed with Casey Scorpions and Melbourne FC are fuming !!
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Fevola has reportedly signed with Casey Scorpions and Melbourne FC are fuming !!
    Love Mark Stevens tweet, good question too.

StevoHeraldSun Mark Stevens
    If you are a Demon fan, who do you want at FF for Casey? Fev .... or Lucas CooK?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    I quite like Fev and he has improved his on field demeanor alot in the last couple of years.

If he adressed his mental issues with professional help then that is a positive.

The negatives that worry me are as that Tossbag McClure alluded to on Fox footy 360 the other day was Carlton had their worst ten year period when Fev was there and the Bears were crap when he was there too.

On the other hand you cannot blame him solely for poor team performance but it is not really a positive on his resume.

If he were to play for us I would want him to agree to a full alcohol ban also.
    And how do you put a ban on an alcoholic? You make it sound so sinple

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Haha. Yeah I have a lot of friends ( teachers ) who are all Melbourne supporters. All your kind of South of the Yarra types. Having Fev connected with Melb should give me something to stir them about.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    And how do you put a ban on an alcoholic? You make it sound so sinple
    Mark Stevens from the HS has tweeted that Fev is on a anti alcohol drug that renders him unconscious on a sip or two.

http://twitter.com/#!/StevoHeraldSun

I have never heard of such a drug, but would think this could possibly be more troublesome

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyStyle View Post
    Mark Stevens from the HS has tweeted that Fev is on a anti alcohol drug that renders him unconscious on a sip or two.

I have never heard of such a drug, but would think this could possibly be more troublesome
    That sounds like something out of "A Clockwork Orange"!
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Surely that is BS. So he is out on the town and has a drink at a nightclub.

Bang he is unconscious. Nightclub security kick him out. Fev still unconscious lays on the street until media come......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyStyle View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Surely that is BS. So he is out on the town and has a drink at a nightclub.

Bang he is unconscious. Nightclub security kick him out. Fev still unconscious lays on the street until media come......
    His manager claimed it would render him unconscious, the expert opinions claim drinking alcohol while on this pill will make him nautious, tired, and will generally deter him from drinking.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

The news of the signing to Casey makes me pretty thankful of the good working relationship we have with Williamstown, especially given the number of up and coming tall forwards we have.

Post Thanks / Like

Who the hell will Peter German play om him?

Fev will kick 150 if he gets (stays) fit