Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding Fev

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rebuilding Fev

So if this magic lttle pill will render one nautious, unconscious etc how's that any different to how Fev's been living his life over recent years whilst on his apparent frequent alcoholic benders ? Maybe it's all just about having a legitimate excuse when he plays up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Who the hell will Peter German play om him?

Fev will kick 150 if he gets (stays) fit
    He looks fat as a rugby player on tv. I'm not concerned, we have James Mulligan
    Last edited by Greystache; 09-03-2011 at 12:07 AM.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    So if this magic lttle pill will render one nautious, unconscious etc how's that any different to how Fev's been living his life over recent years whilst on his apparent frequent alcoholic benders ? Maybe it's all just about having a legitimate excuse when he plays up.
    Have you been drunk before?

Post Thanks / Like

This was in an article on the AFL website:

Meanwhile, as sacked Brisbane Lion Brendan Fevola set about training with VFL side the Casey Scorpions in Cranbourne, his manager revealed the Bulldogs intervened when their affiliate of Williamstown expressed interest in recruiting the dual Coleman medallist.

"He was also at one stage keen to have a chat with Williamstown but the Western Bulldogs stepped in and said we don't think it's appropriate," Peter Blucher told 3AW.

"We accepted that and chose not to take it any further. That's their prerogative, just as it's the Casey Scorpions' prerogative to say we understand and appreciate Melbourne's position."

* Thank goodness for that!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

On the up side the VFL will draw more of a crowd. Come see the goal freak! He may set a new record.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 09-03-2011 at 12:12 AM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Its good to have that alliance. I wouldn't blame any VFL (even Willy) club for considering him considering the value he "MAY" present to the club.

Well done Willy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post

Meanwhile, as sacked Brisbane Lion Brendan Fevola set about training with VFL side the Casey Scorpions in Cranbourne, his manager revealed the Bulldogs intervened when their affiliate of Williamstown expressed interest in recruiting the dual Coleman medallist.

"He was also at one stage keen to have a chat with Williamstown but the Western Bulldogs stepped in and said we don't think it's appropriate," Peter Blucher told 3AW.

"We accepted that and chose not to take it any further. That's their prerogative, just as it's the Casey Scorpions' prerogative to say we understand and appreciate Melbourne's position."

Now where's that Facebook Like acronym when you need it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    On the up side the VFL will draw more of a crowd. Come see the goal freak! He may set a new record.
    Ron Todd kicked 188 for Willi in the 40's, Fev will have his work cut out for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Now where's that Facebook Like acronym when you need it?
    If This Was Facebook, I'd Click Like
    ITWFICL
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post

A definite case of ITWFICL

Well done Bulldogs for pulling rank.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Who the hell will Peter German play om him?

Fev will kick 150 if he gets (stays) fit

Would be a nice little experience boost for a young defender to play on the Fev. He does rely on delivery a little though so the VFL may not be as good for him as AFL in that regard.

Lastly, he has kicked plenty of bags for Carlton in the past and they still got beaten so just having Fev will not be enough to beat the better teams you would think.

Lets hope he stays on the rails and the VFL benefits from his presence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Would be a nice little experience boost for a young defender to play on the Fev. He does rely on delivery a little though so the VFL may not be as good for him as AFL in that regard.

Lastly, he has kicked plenty of bags for Carlton in the past and they still got beaten so just having Fev will not be enough to beat the better teams you would think.

Lets hope he stays on the rails and the VFL benefits from his presence.
    Could also end up being traumatic. Think Dawson on Rocca.

It will be interesting to see how well he goes. If he does play to his full potential 100+ goals is certainly not out of the question.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Could also end up being traumatic. Think Dawson on Rocca.

It will be interesting to see how well he goes. If he does play to his full potential 100+ goals is certainly not out of the question.
    Getting ahead of ourselves a little, how do we know he is any good anymore, he is 30 years old , put on about 10 kilo at least I think, footballs only 3 weeks away and he used to blow up even when he was fit.

Could be a waste of a spot.
    Questions to ask, if he is horrid how long until he gets dropped?

Will he go back to being a dill if he is not getting a kick and if he isnt getting a kick I can imagine the uncomfort behind closed doors, and this is even if he does behave off the ground.
    Melbourne has a right to be upset, but I can see Caseys reason if it does work, big big gamble though as Voss found out.

Post Thanks / Like

My work (school) is only about ten minutes from Casey Fields, so it's the talk of the town. Apparently his stepmother manages our canteen - didn't know this until this morning. Heard that last night's training which usually only draws a few dedicated folllowers, had a couple of hundred in attendance.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    It's no joke this medication. It's a last resort for chronic alcoholics. If he drinks even a drop while on this medication he will become violently ill.
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 10-03-2011 at 11:53 AM.