Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bobs Back

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bobs Back

Looking solid. He was one of the few who didn't disgrace themselves in Round 1 and he was good last week too.

(Not that I'm biased or anything )

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Scray View Post
    Well written, and interesting to read his views - which on this occasion, I completely disagree with.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Bob, whilst not in the same vein, Rohan Smith used to celebrate a goal with an aggressive fist pump whilst Nathan Brown often flew like an aeroplane around the forward pocket.

My sense was Krakours celebration was a once off recognition of either his jailbird buddies or his escape from incarceration back to the highest level.

Lets keep the passion in the game

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Well written, and interesting to read his views - which on this occasion, I completely disagree with.
    What don't you agree with.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    What don't you agree with.
    I don't believe there are that many different interpretations of the gesture he made. To me, it was undoubtedly a 'message' to his former inmates, brother or both. I feel that the gesture glorifies/celebrates crime, and the people who chose to become involved in it (like Krakouer, his brother and father). As Murphy alluded to, players will celebrate with fist pumps etc. To me, Krakouer's gesture was a slap in the face of the victims of crimes he and his family have been involved in.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it funny how we all interpret things differently. I didn't have a problem with his gesture - I mean, who amongst us really knows what he meant? I tend to agree with Murp - I saw it more as a celebration of his freedom and his passion being back playing well in the game he loves. He has done his time, paid his penance to society so IMO, who am I to judge him now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    Isn't it funny how we all interpret things differently. I didn't have a problem with his gesture - I mean, who amongst us really knows what he meant? I tend to agree with Murp - I saw it more as a celebration of his freedom and his passion being back playing well in the game he loves. He has done his time, paid his penance to society so IMO, who am I to judge him now?
    Don't get me started on the parole system.

Post Thanks / Like

A man who would rather cycle along the Seine than slide on an esky lid down a Hong Kong street.

What's not to love? He is the thinking girl's footballer.

Post Thanks / Like

Tuning in to a Jets-powered perspective when dining in with the team

THE way to a man's heart is through his stomach, and footballers love their chow.

Once a week, lunch is put on for us at the club. Usually it's a roast, sometimes it's pasta. For 70-odd odd players and football staff, it is not just nourishment but a mid-week spiritual experience of the gut.

For over 100 years football has been about togetherness - we train together, play together, the People's Beard and I usually drive together, and of course we love nothing more than to eat together. It's as old as the disciples breaking bread.

In recent weeks, to complement our team feasts, the club has put on a documentary in the players' theatrette. It's not compulsory, and you're more than welcome to eat your lunch elsewhere, but it's fair to say that the initiative has been a big hit

continues here
    LINK

I love this bit at the end:

With our bellies full, it's time to show some heart.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.