Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Footy Show v.2011

In the intro, James Brayshaw said David Smorgon is putting the heat on Rodney Eade, more to come. Beat-up, anyone? Wait and see....
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Footy Show v.2011

Footy Show v.2011

...not holding my breath.

Post Thanks / Like

Bazza in da hoooooouuuuuuuuse! Get on it, WOOFers!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Sam still not making sense for another year, give it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Fev interview, recorded prior to the latest events. Fev spoke of Christmas holiday incident where he was looking after his daughter, 'fell asleep' due to effects of ADD medication. Lily fell off the bed, and a fight ensued with Alex. He intended to drink a glass of wine and ended up drinking 3 or 4 bottles. He tried to 'harm' himself, says his intention was to kill himself. Very sad so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam needs to get a clue, i am surprised he is still on TV.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Sam. He is a comedian (litereally). He is getting paid to do what he does. He may seem dumb and dimwitted, but that's why he has that job.

Post Thanks / Like

Big news for the Bulldogs coming up next!?
    What is it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B-RadBulldog View Post
    Big news for the Bulldogs coming up next!?
    What is it?
    Smorgo interviewed, and said a GF is a must (they only showed a very small excerpt). Not as big as made out. Which isn't surprising. Garry Lyon just said in different circumstances, that would be the lead story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Smorgo interviewed, and said a GF is a must (they only showed a very small excerpt). Not as big as made out. Which isn't surprising. Garry Lyon just said in different circumstances, that would be the lead story.
    Smorgon said anything other than a Grand Final was a fail. He was referring to the whole club, not Eade specifically. The FS crew then used the fact that Eade was in the last year of his contract to try to paint a picture of Smorgon delivering an ultimatum to Eade. Nothing but a beat up unless there is a lot more in the interview which is to be shown in more detail on the Sunday Footy Show.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why Smorgon needs to say these things. Perhaps it has something to do with our below expected membership levels this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't this exactly what he said last year? And nobody's head rolled (well, unless you count Aker...)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    I don't know why Smorgon needs to say these things. Perhaps it has something to do with our below expected membership levels this year.
    Perhaps he feel like the club needs a bigger air of expectation around the place. Our finals record, and record against top 4 teams generally has been poor, and maybe he thinks with added pressure some of the group will start to step up. Smorgon's hardly the emotional type, a la Kennet, I'm confident there's a strategy involved.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness Smorgon is saying anything less than a GF is a fail. That should be the benchmark every year!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LongWait View Post
    Thank goodness Smorgon is saying anything less than a GF is a fail. That should be the benchmark every year!
    Smorgon says it because he's the President of the club. And it needs to be said. I don't know what took him so long.

3 Prelims in a row. It's not rocket science to suggest we need to win our 4th crack at it if we want to call the year successful.