Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My tip for 2011? Western Bulldogs to be premiers

Quote Originally Posted by shores of lake brian View Post
    CHF - We are placing a lot of pressure on Jones to grow into this position and while he shows some great signs he is not there yet. Roughead would seem to be the other option for this role. We need another big mobile forward target to beat the zone defense that StKilda and Collingwood apply, we need enough targets to make Maxwell and Fisher accountable one on one.
    I don't really disagree with anything you have said (though I think plans are pretty clear in most areas) but if St Kilda can't make Maxwell play on a man and they have Riewoldt, then no-one is going too. Collingwood will stick to their system regardless of opposition personnel and a 'gun' CHF wont change this.

The method of moving the ball through the zone is what is going to matter...I would guess the club are hoping that a full year of Griffen playing as he did in the finals, a fit Cooney, fit Higgins and running Sherman will enable us to break the lines and at least make Maxwell play 25m from goal rather than 75m from goal, so that when he gets it he is thinking 'defend' and not 'rebound'...this will help the mids in transition and hopefully stop us getting burned by the opposition traveling the other way...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I don't really disagree with anything you have said (though I think plans are pretty clear in most areas) but if St Kilda can't make Maxwell play on a man and they have Riewoldt, then no-one is going too. Collingwood will stick to their system regardless of opposition personnel and a 'gun' CHF wont change this.

The method of moving the ball through the zone is what is going to matter...I would guess the club are hoping that a full year of Griffen playing as he did in the finals, a fit Cooney, fit Higgins and running Sherman will enable us to break the lines and at least make Maxwell play 25m from goal rather than 75m from goal, so that when he gets it he is thinking 'defend' and not 'rebound'...this will help the mids in transition and hopefully stop us getting burned by the opposition traveling the other way...
    Not Maxwell that really troubles us, but O'brien.
    he torches us everytime he plays.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Not Maxwell that really troubles us, but O'brien.
    he torches us everytime he plays.
    O'Brien was well held in the QF.

Post Thanks / Like

Point taken. You'd have to conceed that he did very well against us in other games.
    Last year he outpaced our foward line, but he'll find it a bit harder this season, with fresh legs.
    Barry V Harry is always an interesting match up.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    You rate O'Brien as less of a threat than Maxwell?
    I didn't say that.... I just refuted your claim that O'Brien torches us 'every' time he plays us.

Post Thanks / Like

Was interesting to see some of the CH10 members picks for the top 8 and premiership tonight after the Carl v Rich game.
    With most having either Coll or Dogs finishing 1 & 2 and Walls and Quartermain picking Dogs as premiers.
    Yet Tim lane didn't even have the Bulldogs in his top 8??????

Post Thanks / Like

Tim Lane has absolutely no idea about on field mattters, he tends to concentrate on the political side of football. Boring boring man.

Post Thanks / Like

Right or wrong, How is the contrast?