Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opposition Game analysis Rnd 1

Ok, so the first half was like watching sheep's bums at a water hole, but the second half had some good footy, with all the roll of the dice when two close rivals play. Reiwoldt and Mooney should get together and discuss kicking styles. The 'no peeking' method seems to be working out well for St Nick.

If Saints lose by a point, I don't mind watching it.

Cats V Saints

Cats will be no pushover this year.
    May not miss Ablett too much afterall.
    Scarlett, elbows as pointy as ever, (has a very good record on Barry.) Steve J, Varco, Bartell, heaps of quality there we're all familiar with and some capable younsters.
    Missing Ling, Chapman, Selwood (90% of game) and Ablett, still play the familiar 'high risk' run and carry. Our forward line is better on paper IMO. Cam mooney can't kick and loves giving frees, Hawkins was ineffective tonight - tends to flail around a lot.

Saints
    who'd be a saints supporter eh?
    we may outrun them this season. In the second half they looked pretty gassed out.
    Kept the cats out in the first half but the new sub rule may work against their playing style (let's hope).
    Things opened up in the second. How to beat the press around the stoppage? Love the way, a few times, cats players were able to stand up in the tackle, weathered the Saints press gang for a few extra seconds and shot the ball off calmly with two or three opponents in tow. Bigger bodied than our midfielders (bar Cooney).
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Disagree entirely on Geelong missing Ablett.
    Well done on writing even a summary on that piffle that was dished up!
    Thought Gilbert was great up forward, err hang on he played back(could have sworn I heard Lyon say he was playing forward)Stkilda need some youth urgently they look tired and that shit ultra defensive gameplan looks like it's taking it's toll

Post Thanks / Like

I did say 'toooooo much'.
    They won't be easy beats for us, s'all I'm sain' ait mon?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Tipped Geelong, happy saints lost but glad I didn't watch it. I can't stand saints footy, i will enjoy it more when they lose though.

That's a pretty negative comment sorry but that should have been game of the round. Were the conditions very bad?

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't seen a second of a fame tgis week, waiting for 2morra

GO DOGS

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^
    Game this week (should turn a light on)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shnookie View Post
    Haven't seen a second of a fame tgis week, waiting for 2morra
    Any chance you could ditch the shorthand crap as it's really annoying?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    Tipped Geelong, happy saints lost but glad I didn't watch it. I can't stand saints footy, i will enjoy it more when they lose though.

That's a pretty negative comment sorry but that should have been game of the round. Were the conditions very bad?
    Personally, I enjoyed it. Was a very close game in the end and opened up. Some may disagree, but feel the sub rule may be the right call afterall.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Personally, I enjoyed it. Was a very close game in the end and opened up. Some may disagree, but feel the sub rule may be the right call afterall.
    The current sub rule 1/3 just complicates things eithers go 4 subs or 4 interchange not 1/3.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see the Hawks go down tonight. Adelaide tore them to shreds on the rebound and what was Clarkson thinking subbing off Sewell who was dominating the clearances?

Way too much hype for a team so poorly performed since they fluked a premiership.

Dangerfield is a very nice player to watch.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Agree. Yarran was also nowhere to be seen.
    (BTW, Slimpicken, your Avatar pic is my fav on woof...Liam's expression is like..."Huh Whadidi do?"
    It combines my love for how Liam Picken plays and my hatred for how Joel Selwood initiates high contact and gets free kicks for it.

I got sucked in by Yarrans preseason form, he was mostly unsighted. I don't think we'll have much to be concerned about when we face the Tiges or Carlton.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    It combines my love for how Liam Picken plays and my hatred for how Joel Selwood initiates high contact and gets free kicks for it.

I got sucked in by Yarrans preseason form, he was mostly unsighted. I don't think we'll have much to be concerned about when we face the Tiges or Carlton.
    Did you enjoy the hit he copped from our old mate Farren?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't see all of the game.
    Crows can move it, and they look like the Eagles of old, all bronzed and oiled like spartans.
    Porplezia out after what looked like a rather inocuous tackle. Said to be heard screaming from the changerooms. ouch.
    Others get a mention, Taylor Walker, Dangerfield, but their youngsters were revved up, very impressed with Rory Sloane. Like a blonde fraggle, that mop of his bobbing up all over the place.

Real question marks over Hawthorn's abilities to play four quarters of high intensity footy.
    Buddy Franklin - as good as he is bad. One of his set shots was a laugh out loud moment.
    Feel confident we (WB) can match both these teams at both ends of the ground and in the middle.

BUT AMMI is going to be the new Cattery this season one feels. They came back from quite a long way and that takes guts.
    What is it about Gibson? He looks like an X factor type but seems easily beaten? Hope they stick with him.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 27-03-2011 at 01:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't watch the Bris v Freo game but I heard that Brown & Staker were injured & couldn't come back on. I don't wish ill of players unless we play them the following week & only then do I hope their injury is a 1 weeker. Anyone know the extent of the injuries on these 2?
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Watched a bit of each game.initial reports are Staker's hurt his kneecap and Brown has a facial injury. Brisbane copped a raw deal from the umps at the end. I think Hawthorn still haven't addressed their weakness in the run dept.Not a fan of their ruck dept or Backline!