Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opposition Game analysis Rnd 1

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Didn't watch the Bris v Freo game but I heard that Brown & Staker were injured & couldn't come back on. I don't wish ill of players unless we play them the following week & only then do I hope their injury is a 1 weeker. Anyone know the extent of the injuries on these 2?
    http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...326-1cbdq.html

Says his nose is shattered - James Hird type injury that could see him out for some weeks. The pic on the AGE is awful. His head looks half buried in the turf.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Didn't watch the Bris v Freo game but I heard that Brown & Staker were injured & couldn't come back on. I don't wish ill of players unless we play them the following week & only then do I hope their injury is a 1 weeker. Anyone know the extent of the injuries on these 2?
    Browny also did not play last seasons home game against us!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Nice to see the Hawks go down tonight. Adelaide tore them to shreds on the rebound and what was Clarkson thinking subbing off Sewell who was dominating the clearances?

Way too much hype for a team so poorly performed since they fluked a premiership.

Dangerfield is a very nice player to watch.
    Dangerfield looked like he's going to turn what has previously been mainly potential into some quality football. He's always had big wraps but hasn't always got a lot of the footy.
    I like Rory Sloane a lot and their young talls are better than I thought. Davis and McKernan were good. They've got a lot of talls with good hands.
    That being said, hawthorn should have had the game won by half time, they dominated but couldn't put it on the scoreboard.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Dangerfield looked like he's going to turn what has previously been mainly potential into some quality football. He's always had big wraps but hasn't always got a lot of the footy.
    I like Rory Sloane a lot and their young talls are better than I thought. Davis and McKernan were good. They've got a lot of talls with good hands.
    That being said, hawthorn should have had the game won by half time, they dominated but couldn't put it on the scoreboard.
    Went to the game last night and my thoughts pretty much echo your sentiments. Dangerfield really is something else and he is still only 20. Walker continued the stereotype of "immensely talented bu extremely dumb footballer" tag. Passes when he should shoot, shoots when he should pass but was lucky that a few of his dodgy ones came off. Won't happen every week.
    He could be a Coleman medallist if he reached his potential every week.

Thought Knights was good but was amazed how thin he is looking. Maybe its just the hair?

Was very strange to see them playing the chorus of that Bon Jovi NRL song after every Crows goal. Do they realise it's the official NRL song? Are they saying "hey, you should be at home watching the NRL".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

Was very strange to see them playing the chorus of that Bon Jovi NRL song after every Crows goal. Do they realise it's the official NRL song? Are they saying "hey, you should be at home watching the NRL".
    That would be annoying playing something after every goal, especially Bon Jovi
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

Walker continued the stereotype of "immensely talented bu extremely dumb footballer" tag. Passes when he should shoot, shoots when he should pass but was lucky that a few of his dodgy ones came off. Won't happen every week.
    He could be a Coleman medallist if he reached his potential every week.
    I actually came out of it thinking they might not be that much worse off if he signs with GWS, if they can get decent compensation. With Tippet and McKernan I'm not sure he'd be that badly missed. He certainly does some stupid things and his kicking at goal is a lottery.

I know one game is an irrelevant sample size but the Crows looked far further along than I thought they were.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Watched a bit of each game.initial reports are Staker's hurt his kneecap and Brown has a facial injury. Brisbane copped a raw deal from the umps at the end. I think Hawthorn still haven't addressed their weakness in the run dept.Not a fan of their ruck dept or Backline!
    Agree 100% with this. Hawthorn midfield is incredibly slow. I think the lined up with Sewell, Mitchell and Burgoyne at the opening bounce last night. Rioli is quick and the drafted Isac Smith (didn't play) who is a jet but apart from that I don't see how they have improved their speed around the ground.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Tag danger field out and they lack any other really game breaking players. They are a professional unit no doubt.

Add hodge into that team and they would have won IMO so hawks will be handy enough. They rookied Paul Johnston for a reason though. Rucks are suspect and Bailey is their great white hope but injury prone to the max. If they had a jolly type they would be very strong.

Freos kids looked good again and pav and sandilands were very influential.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Did you enjoy the hit he copped from our old mate Farren?
    That was sickening, although i don't think what Farren did was wrong at all. Two blokes going hard at the footy, i was surprised that Farren went that hard however!
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Tag danger field out and they lack any other really game breaking players. They are a professional unit no doubt.
    Not sure . Carlton has a few game breakers. Doesn't seem to do them much good.
    A very fit team of nonames who kicks straight may get the job done.

Was an anniversary event for the crows pumped up with their Bon Jovi and home crowd.
    See how they do on the road.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Tag danger field out and they lack any other really game breaking players. They are a professional unit no doubt.l.
    Porplysia (spelling?) is an out and out game breaker, but spends more time off the ground injured than on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I actually came out of it thinking they might not be that much worse off if he signs with GWS, if they can get decent compensation. With Tippet and McKernan I'm not sure he'd be that badly missed. He certainly does some stupid things and his kicking at goal is a lottery.

I know one game is an irrelevant sample size but the Crows looked far further along than I thought they were.
    Walker seems to be a good number one, and a poor number two if that makes sense.

Matt Rendal is a very good talent spotter and obviously has a good team around the country. They seem to have a bit of success with the rookie draft.

They have a very good bunch of talls and also have Daniel Talia to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    That was sickening, although i don't think what Farren did was wrong at all. Two blokes going hard at the footy, i was surprised that Farren went that hard however!
    Don't know that's entirely fair. Farren's not the hardest player going around, but I never though of him as a squib.

Otherwise I agree, two guys putting their heads over it, no malice in it.