Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round #2 Match Committee

Quote Originally Posted by dazb View Post
    Did Willi play this weekend? If so how did Vezspremi and Wallis go?
    Quote Originally Posted by bitofbite View Post
    Willi played intra club - Wallis got a corky not sure if he will be available. Conditions weren't great @ Whitten Oval.. Lake was really good He should be back in this week.
    Apparently Vez kicked five.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I'm surprised to see so many want Stack dropped. I thought he did OK and with Wood out for a looooong time he'll be needed off the half back.

Obviously Wood will be out. Such a shame.

Markovic battled hard but just didn't look up to it.

Do we drop someone because of the terrible result as well?

Anyway my 2 at this stage.

Out: Wood, Markovic
    In: Addison, Lake
    I thought the reverse - Markovic tried hard, Stack looked clueless.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Stack did turn it over a few times but I thought his game was passable.

Post Thanks / Like

Wood having surgery tonight for torn ligaments probably out for 6 .. no break

Post Thanks / Like

According to Eade Lake and Gilbee may play next week. Addison will be available as well and he also conceded the one ruckman didn't work, so could be up to four changes next week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Out: Djerkerra, Wood (both inj), Jones, Boyd, Giansiracusa
    In: Wallis, Addison, Minson, Skinner, Veszpremi

Where was our Captain today?
    Dont entirely disagree with this at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I thought the reverse - Markovic tried hard, Stack looked clueless.

I thought he played ok in the backline, one of his better performances. Eade was happy that Marcovic kept Hurley to two goals considering how many times the ball landed in the Bombers fwd 50.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    [/B]

I thought he played ok in the backline, one of his better performances. Eade was happy that Marcovic kept Hurley to two goals considering how many times the ball landed in the Bombers fwd 50.
    I'm an agnostic as far as our fringe defenders go ie yet to be convinced, but I don't have a fixed mind about them, today I thought both stood up under enormous pressure, not brilliantly but certainly they weren't embarrassed by their performances.

I sometimes wonder if some of the critics of certain players would write the same comments whether they saw the game or not.

Perhaps they are so disposed to a certain point of view that they only see those things that confirm their predilection, it's easy to fall into that trap especially when disappointment is running amok.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Stack was ok - he took a step forward as a backman. Yes, he got out of position on a couple of occasions, but he wasnt robinson crusoe there! With Wood out now, we need a running backman who can break the lines.

Jones needs game time. We need to keep some faith with him - he has the attributes to be a really useful asset for us - he needs to perform, yes, but he also needs some decent service and i thought he ran to some good spots, got his hands on the ball but they didnt stick today. He is quick and good when the ball hits the ground. I really hope the match committee keep him in the team for at least the next 3-4 rounds.

The thing that has been at the back of my mind has always been - can the likes of Boyd / Cross / Gia carry us to a premiership......do they have the heart and ability to lead the team? I am not prepared to answer my own question on the back of one game, but the fact that i keep asking myself this question is not a good sign at all.

Griffen and Cooney were both not 100% fit - which at round 1 is a bit of a concern.....

Post Thanks / Like

With Wood injured I'd give a reprieve to Stack and Hill as the team is crying out for some rebounding defenders and we just have to find some more players capable in that role

I did not like the one ruckman selection, and Eade has publicly said that is was a mistake

Its hard as I'd very much like us to persist with Jones as I see him as a very important part of the future

If Lake is fit he will replace Markovic.

I have no idea what changes I'd make, probably not many

Post Thanks / Like

As disappointing as the game was, I am not sure we can really make too many changes because the players who were most disappointing were our senior/'star' players.

I gave a bit of crap to Markovic and Stack during the game but in hindsight, considering the absolute barrage they were under, I think both were OK.

I don't blame the attitude of Boyd and Cross for the way they play, I blame Rocket and the MC. Players are meant to follow their coach's instructions. I am not inner sanctum but surely giving someone the captaincy is a fair indication that you think they are following team plans. I am not actually anti having Cross and Boyd in the same side, but they simply have to have more accountable roles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Cuming View Post
    I reckon that SquirrelGrip made a fair comment there. I never saw either Boyd or Gia going around trying to gee up the boys.
    Never have seen Gia try to Gee Up The Boys

Post Thanks / Like

I'd leave Marcovic in for a week or 2, He wasn't bad, actually did a reasonable job.
    And leave Lake to get more fitness, strewth it's only week 1 and we have Brissie & GC, do we really need Lake for them or should we take the opportunity to get some miles into Lucas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shnookie View Post
    Never have seen Gia try to Gee Up The Boys
    What actions is this "geeing up of the boys" meant to include?
    What do other players do to "gee up the boys"?

Sorry, I thought he had a shocker today but I don't get this criticism.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    What actions is this "geeing up of the boys" meant to include?
    What do other players do to "gee up the boys"?

Sorry, I thought he had a shocker today but I don't get this criticism.
    Personally, I don't think he is a "Leader" on the field