Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round #2 Match Committee

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    But it's much easier to drop a kid who struggled on the weekend and has played 6 games than drop any one of the slow mids/ forwards who are almost like part of the furniture.
    Agreed, and it shits me to tears!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Dahlhaus, from the video I have seen of him so far, is fast and handy.
    Hope they give him some opportunities this season.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LongWait View Post

It will be a shame if Jones' development is hindered because we have too many slow midfielders and forwards. Perhaps we should be looking to rectify that problem first?

It'll be more than a shame, it will be a bloody disaster.

I'm going to keep banging on about this; if Jones and Roughead don't play full seasons then we'll be inflicting serious damage on our future.

If our coaches can't incorporate talented young players into our team then they are either incompetent or too focused on the here and now.

If the balance isn't right then they need to make changes elsewhere to rectify it.

We have to be prepared to endure some bad performances now for long term success.

Post Thanks / Like

My opinion:
    In: Lake, Schofield, Vespa & Barlow
    Out: Markovic (unlucky), Wood, Gia & Djerkurra

What might happen
    In: Lake, Wallis, Minson
    Out: Wood, Djerkurra, Markovic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post

Fantastic post although at the momnet Will is in front of Roughy in terms of preparation and form. I agree with your sentiment though.

The moment Roughead finds match fitness (round three perhaps?) is the moment he replaces Minson in our team (presuming that Will's even in the team at the time).

I feel sorry for Will. A rule change designed to slow the game down has been the final nail in the coffin of the traditional 2nd ruckman role (the slowest guy on the park no less). It's stupidity, but then Collingwood's success with Leigh Brown had already demonstrated that a 2nd ruckman without versatility would struggle to succeed now at senior level.

Will's a ruckman, pure and simple. He's probably just entering his prime but he can't play in the same team as Hudson as neither can influence the forward line or defense.

We've got to push Roughead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Rocket View Post
    The moment Roughead finds match fitness (round three perhaps?) is the moment he replaces Minson in our team (presuming that Will's even in the team at the time).

I feel sorry for Will. A rule change designed to slow the game down has been the final nail in the coffin of the traditional 2nd ruckman role (the slowest guy on the park no less). It's stupidity, but then Collingwood's success with Leigh Brown had already demonstrated that a 2nd ruckman without versatility would struggle to succeed now at senior level.

Will's a ruckman, pure and simple. He's probably just entering his prime but he can't play in the same team as Hudson as neither can influence the forward line or defense.

We've got to push Roughead.
    ^^ Like, However, given Huddo's age would not be surprised if he gets injured and Will might still yet be able to play a role somewhere.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    ^^ Like, However, given Huddo's age would not be surprised if he gets injured and Will might still yet be able to play a role somewhere.
    Given our structure, I am worried about playing Will as anything other than the no 1 ruckman.
    I hate to be seen as potting blokes on our list, but Minno just isn't a relief forward/ruckman especially when we are struggling for forward pressure in our F50 as is.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Correct, not to mention Huddo could be in his final year or two. Minson still has a important role at our footy club.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Given our structure, I am worried about playing Will as anything other than the no 1 ruckman.
    I hate to be seen as potting blokes on our list, but Minno just isn't a relief forward/ruckman especially when we are struggling for forward pressure in our F50 as is.
    Thats not potting Minno, that just putting your opinion across with a reason (and a valid one at that IMHO)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I wouldn't say that's potting him. It's a legitimate concern.

What's his contract status? I'd imagine that Huddo will retire this year, and Will would become no. 1 with Roughead as ruck/forward. I think that would work ok.

Not sure where that leaves Cordy, or even how far he'll be from readiness by then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dfa4pm View Post
    I wouldn't say that's potting him. It's a legitimate concern.

What's his contract status? I'd imagine that Huddo will retire this year, and Will would become no. 1 with Roughead as ruck/forward. I think that would work ok.
    Will is contracted through until the end of the 2012 season.

Post Thanks / Like

Ins are: Moles, Minson, Roughead and Wallis (all extended bench with Ward, Libba and DJ)

Out: Wood (Inj.)

Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs
    B: Brennan Stack, Lukas Markovic, Dale Morris
    HB: Robert Murphy, Tom L. Williams, Liam Picken
    C: Justin Sherman, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
    HF: Shaun Higgins, Liam Jones, Josh Hill
    F: Jarrad Grant, Barry Hall, Daniel Giansiracusa
    Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
    I/C: William Minson, Callan Ward, Jordan Roughead, Brodie Moles, Nathan Djerrkura, Mitchell Wallis, Thomas Liberatore
    In: William Minson, Jordan Roughead, Brodie Moles, Mitchell Wallis
    Out: Easton Wood (Ankle)
    New: Mitchell Wallis (Calder Cannons)

Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree, Ghost Dog.

He can certainly play when Huddo's injured or resting. He just can't play in the same team as him.

That has to be Roughead.