Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Disappointing and unacceptable: Eade

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Exactly. This is what really concerns me. What the hell is going on?
    I don't have great faith in our current leaders hence why we need the next group to really kick on. The pies could not find room for experienced players such as O'Bree and Lockyer due to the coaching staff putting faith in their youngsters, I hope we do the same at some point this season.(By this I don't mean drop all the leaders and play the youngsters)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post
    If I remember correctly Harbrow stuggled early in this area as well, especially when playing on good small forwards like Davis and Stokes. So with all things considered I'd be prepared to give Stack a few more games.
    Stack is better than Harbrow overhead, althoguh comparing the two is a bit far considering Harbrow's pace & agility.
    DFA used to slip over a bit early on too, so I certainly don't think it's game over for Stack. Given the injury to Wood, he could be an important player for us during the early season.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post
    Stack reminded me alot of the way Harbrow played when he was first moved into the backline. He tried very hard at everything, looked a little lost but didn't disgrace himself (especially when you consider the number of inside 50s they had).
    Agreed. I thought Stack did OK. If only he was our main problem.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Stack is better than Harbrow overhead, althoguh comparing the two is a bit far considering Harbrow's pace & agility.
    DFA used to slip over a bit early on too, so I certainly don't think it's game over for Stack. Given the injury to Wood, he could be an important player for us during the early season.
    Totally agree with the bolded part, just compared them more in that their endeavour in playing a new position is/was very good but their play is/was jittery and flawed. Harbrow with time ironed out many of these flaws in his own way, my hope is that Stack will also.

I'm not sure Dylan has got all the slipping over out of his system but I agree he does keep his feet better in a contest these days, and yes if Stack comes on it may cover some of the loss of Wood especially considering Stacky also has a decent leap on him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Top sides generally don't get well beaten without a fight (like we did) not many leaders stood up when things were going against us. I hope Griffen, Ward, Higgins, Grant, Roughy Williams have breakout seasons.
    Collingwood absolutely belted Geelong (86 points) back in Round 9 of 2008. It was Geelong's only loss for the H&A season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Collingwood absolutely belted Geelong (86 points) back in Round 9 of 2008. It was Geelong's only loss for the H&A season.
    What's your point?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    What's your point?
    Even good clubs, who can dominate a competition, have bad days.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus