Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2011 - NAB Rising Star

who does dolly have to sleep with to get a nom ?

Post Thanks / Like

I though Ash Smith played a terrific game for the Eagles on Friday night & he too could consider himself stiff not to have been awarded this week.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

The nominations procedure is ridiculous and is purely because of sponsorship of course, the almighty $
    If you play well enough to receive a nomination you should get a nomination regardless of whether 15 players got one that same week or 1 did. So there will be rounds where people don't receive nominations, who friggen cares? (apart from the sponsors)
    only nominate players who have had a pretty/really good game early in the season and then later in the season consistency can be rewarded as well. There is no reason why 5 players can't/shouldn't be nominated in the one week if they deserve it, just like someone shouldn't get handed a nomination just because they had an ok game while all the other rookies were crap that round.

There is so much i hate about the AFL these days :/
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

It helps if you play well later in the season when a lot of players have already received one.

If Libba was playing now as he was early in the season he would be nominated no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    It helps if you play well later in the season when a lot of players have already received one.

If Libba was playing now as he was early in the season he would be nominated no problem.
    Totally agree.

It would be great to see Liam Jones get a nomination.

Post Thanks / Like

Selection criteria aside, I'm comfortable with Jake Batchelor's nomination this week. He's been pretty solid for the Tiger's down back for all of 2011, a gig that few would envy with their defence. If he was in Bulldog colours I'd be pretty miffed by now if he wasn't up there for a nomination. A few more games under his belt and holding his performance level will see young Dahlhaus get a nod pretty soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Selection criteria aside, I'm comfortable with Jake Batchelor's nomination this week. He's been pretty solid for the Tiger's down back for all of 2011, a gig that few would envy with their defence. If he was in Bulldog colours I'd be pretty miffed by now if he wasn't up there for a nomination. A few more games under his belt and holding his performance level will see young Dahlhaus get a nod pretty soon.
    I know a few tigers supporters who dont think much of Batchelor at all.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Like much of their decision-making, I've got no idea how the RS is nominated or awarded, but at the same time, I'm not that fussed. Nor, IMO, should the club be - we've got games to win.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Like much of their decision-making, I've got no idea how the RS is nominated or awarded, but at the same time, I'm not that fussed. Nor, IMO, should the club be - we've got games to win.
    That's all well and good and I'm sure if you asked Dahlhaus he'd claim not to care. He might even pull out the “Brownlow Quote”, you know: “Oh, it'd be nice of course, it's an honour, but we're all about flags here at <insert team name>”

Fact is, these guys make a living from their profile as much as their footballing ability and it's not fair to the bloke that he's overlooked because he plays for the Dogs.

It's also for the fans —*!fans want to see their stars and fave players win these things, much like the Brownlow.

Post Thanks / Like

Dolly may not have been nominated, but he is certainly getting talked about a lot this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    That's all well and good and I'm sure if you asked Dahlhaus he'd claim not to care. He might even pull out the “Brownlow Quote”, you know: “Oh, it'd be nice of course, it's an honour, but we're all about flags here at <insert team name>”

Fact is, these guys make a living from their profile as much as their footballing ability and it's not fair to the bloke that he's overlooked because he plays for the Dogs.
    It's also for the fans —*!fans want to see their stars and fave players win these things, much like the Brownlow.
    Plus I'm pretty sure they get some cash or a nice TV for winning it. I'd be quite happy to claim that prize.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post

Fair enough, I just don't think it's that important.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I know a few tigers supporters who dont think much of Batchelor at all.
    Ledge, they're a fickle bunch this lot. If they're not cutting up their memberships they're dumping shit on the Club's doorstep.
    I'd be happy to make another McMahon / Ward type trade with that crazy mob anytime.
    Last edited by Doc26; 16-07-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Ledge, they're a fickle bunch this lot. If they're not cutting up their memberships they're dumping shit on the Club's doorstep.
    I'd be happy to make another McMahon / Ward type trade with that crazy mob anytime.
    Another load of poo coming their way after today, Swallow played well for GC today.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Gaff and Prestia putting in quality performances yesterday, they will take some beating.