Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mitch Wallis in mix for Western Bulldogs debut

DFA deserves a spot in the side no doubt. Gives his absolute all and can be played in alot of different positions. Personally I'd like to see him played as a defensive forward. He can bob up with some good marks and certainly loves a contest at ground level.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    More versitile perhaps, but not as good.

Interesting that Addison's kicking doesn't matter but Cross and Boyd's kicking is their problem.
    I thought Addison used the ball very well at times last season, and certainly has better "skills" by foot than both Cross and Boyd, although doesn't always execute as well as he should.

Cross simply lacks penetration and can't move the ball quickly by foot, whilst Boyd probably tries to do too much at times and be too cute which he skill set isn't really built for. Addison is better than both with respect to those areas for mine.

Will be interesting to see how he develops again this year, because he has gradually improved every year and his attack on the ball and body and desperation to win a contest can really lift the side and show a lot of his more highly regarded teammates the level of commitment required.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how his pre-season went but going on last years finals form he has to come straight back in IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Although its nice with all these new guys getting a game, we need some consistency with the team and not just drop or change the list week in week out. These guys need to get used to playing with each other every week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    Although its nice with all these new guys getting a game, we need some consistency with the team and not just drop or change the list week in week out. These guys need to get used to playing with each other every week.
    Eade (and Dean Bailey IIRC) are big fans of that principle in the backline - unfortunately injury will prevent us for settling the back 6 for some time.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Interesting that Addison's kicking doesn't matter but Cross and Boyd's kicking is their problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    I thought Addison used the ball very well at times last season, and certainly has better "skills" by foot than both Cross and Boyd, although doesn't always execute as well as he should.
    Similar to Williams, I think his kicking is actually pretty good (though I regard Williams as a superior kick). It's the decision behind the kick that brings them both undone.

That being said, I believe they're both improving in that area.