Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 2 Discussions

Thought the contest between the Tigers and the Saints was a good one last night.

The Tiger fans must be excited about the number of good young players coming through.
    The Saints fans must have had enough with close contests.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 2 Discussions

Once again we see St.Kilda struggle against a team with leg speed across the field.

On that performance Richmond will prove a real handful for us too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Once again we see St.Kilda struggle against a team with leg speed across the field.

On that performance Richmond will prove a real handful for us too.
    Agree. At the end of the day the competition is so even that you can't afford to let your guard down at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr
    The Tiger fans must be excited about the number of good young players coming through.
    They have some terrific kids coming through, and are going to have a very powerful midfield over the next 5+ years.

It's a bit of a shame for them that Post and Rance are still a bit up in the air and don't really look like becoming key defenders, because apart from that area their list looks very good. Vickery took a few strong grabs last night and with him resting forward in tandem with Jack they have good tall forward options.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else think that Hayes will have LARS surgery and come back just in time to tear us a new one in early June?

Leg speed is the new black going on the first 9 games of the 2011 premiership season. We've addressed this somewhat on the list but not many of the young speedsters we've picked up in the ND and RD will be making much of an impression in 2011. Sherman and DJ will surely be given every opportunity to cement their places in the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Anyone else think that Hayes will have LARS surgery and come back just in time to tear us a new one in early June?
    That's the first thing I thought when I heard it was an ACL. I can't see any reason why he'd have a traditional one, but I hope he does.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

I only saw the last quarter and the umpiring was disgraceful. The free against mcguane deliberate point was surely under pressure. Then the deliberate out of bounds against the saints when it was quite plausible the player was fumbling. Do the umps get sucked in by the crowd or do they just want to be involved in the game?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    That's the first thing I thought when I heard it was an ACL. I can't see any reason why he'd have a traditional one, but I hope he does.
    Saints have to be very careful with Lenny, this injury has the potential to end his career. LARS surgery would see him possibly return this year but i think if you look at the players that have previously had it, it is a recipe for disaster. Think of LARS as a splint (which it was designed to be), it really won't hold up to the rigors of our game and that has been proven with Melceski and Rodan both re-doing their knee. He should go the traditional hamstring tendon surgery with an eye on next year.

Disappointing for Lenny, absolute champion.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

He could have his leg amputated and still put us to the sword.

Leg speed is the new black going on the first 9 games of the 2011 premiership season. We've addressed this somewhat on the list but not many of the young speedsters we've picked up in the ND and RD will be making much of an impression in 2011. Sherman and DJ will surely be given every opportunity to cement their places in the team.
    But I guess as the season continues the game will slow especially given the increase in TOG for most players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Saints have to be very careful with Lenny, this injury has the potential to end his career. LARS surgery would see him possibly return this year but i think if you look at the players that have previously had it, it is a recipe for disaster. Think of LARS as a splint (which it was designed to be), it really won't hold up to the rigors of our game and that has been proven with Melceski and Rodan both re-doing their knee. He should go the traditional hamstring tendon surgery with an eye on next year.

Disappointing for Lenny, absolute champion.
    There's been talk from St Kilda that this year was to be Lenny's last, would seem a surprise to me but who knows what other injuries he's carrying, if that's the case I couldn't see him taking the tendon graft approach.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

How freaky - 2 draws already this year.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    How freaky - 2 draws already this year.
    Was said on channel 7 it is the first time in 100 years that a season has opened with draws in the first 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Lenny along with Simon Black are probably the two footballers outside of the dogs I love most. Would be such a shame to finish up like this, dead set champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    I only saw the last quarter and the umpiring was disgraceful. The free against mcguane deliberate point was surely under pressure. Then the deliberate out of bounds against the saints when it was quite plausible the player was fumbling. Do the umps get sucked in by the crowd or do they just want to be involved in the game?
    Bit of both I would imagine.

McGuane was being tackled when he rushed that behind, my understanding was if they were under pressure it was OK to push it through. I guess not, I wonder what The Geesh will say about that one. IDIOTS!

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond as a whole team showed the commitment to put your head over the ball and fight for possession , time and time again a Tiger would wrestle the ball out and get free to handpass to a running player, their support play was great to see , they tried to maintain their structure so they could use the corridor, a lot of their kicks into the forward 50 were high lobbed kicks this was a deliberate tactic to give their taller players the chance to pack mark or tap out to a crumber , in a way the absence of Jumping Jack made them a more cohesive unit as they had to work closer together to create the goals , if Richmond can keep up that standard and the list stays healthy they will make the 8

Post Thanks / Like

THe Age today mentioned LARS as an option - Hayes is 31 so it is almost a choice of LARS or retire.
    A traditional knee reco is out for a year than another year rebuilding the confidence in the knee; I really don't think the Saints have any choice but to gamble on LARS.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers