Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dogs warned over fadeouts

Peter Hanlon - The Age - 6 April

THE Western Bulldogs' meeting with Gold Coast on Saturday might have been dismissively billed as a virtual bye before the bye, but coach Rodney Eade says every player is on notice that any hint of a dip in effort will cost them their place in the team.

As Gold Coast coach Guy McKenna warns his players that they face ''another nasty shock'' on their first AFL road trip, Eade is viewing the apparent mismatch as a test of the commitment the Dogs made to bringing consistency of effort to their game in the wake of their round-one debacle against Essendon.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs warned over fadeouts

I concur, we mustn't take this game too lightly - I don't want to be the first team to be beaten by the Suns! Gotta take it by the throat and shake the C**P out of it - IMO!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pot-shot in the comments section by Per Ennial Failure. I feel like I've read a similar post on WOOF.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone knows the dogs biggest problem is not winning the big games against the big teams, but they also have to make an example of the weak teams. It's not good enough to win a game like this by 15pts, they must destroy them. I know people are going to say it's more about the intensity and work rate, which is true, but if these things increase you will see it on the score board. In both columns.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HairyMidget View Post
    Everyone knows the dogs biggest problem is not winning the big games against the big teams, but they also have to make an example of the weak teams. It's not good enough to win a game like this by 15pts, they must destroy them. I know people are going to say it's more about the intensity and work rate, which is true, but if these things increase you will see it on the score board. In both columns.
    ^^ This
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Irrelevant. Beat Brisbane by 78 points and all we hear is, "it was only Brisbane"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Irrelevant. Beat Brisbane by 78 points and all we hear is, "it was only Brisbane"
    This ^^^^.

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly my point!
    You are not ment to take any pride in destroying weak teams. It's a statement game. You lift in ALL of your areas while you don't have the competition, tune your skills, and improve on your weaknesses.
    You do this and..........
    you will see it on the score board. In both columns.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how many articles like this we get a year, there is usually a few articles about players being on notice if they don't perform on game day & yet were still getting games.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone knows the dogs biggest problem is not winning the big games against the big teams, but they also have to make an example of the weak teams. It's not good enough to win a game like this by 15pts, they must destroy them.
    Our problem is winning the big games against the big teams.

We always destroy the lower ranked sides.

Post Thanks / Like

beat the best to be the best

jasopan Guest

How 'bout we just smash the Suns and every other team in the competition?

Post Thanks / Like

What do you want posters to say, 'we are back?'. It was a step in the right direction but you're right, it is only Brisbane.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate fade outs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I hate fade outs!!
    And fade ins !!
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.