Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs plan for a Suns downer

We must have had a spike last year coming off the NAB cup win. Was that an aberration and this year's figures closer to the long-term norm?

Not that that's a good thing, just forseeable? Certainly didn't help having that shocker in Round 1.

Also maybe there's some kind of fatigue that sets in when we've been close, but not close enough, for a few years in row. You start to wonder if it really is possible. The momentum sort of drops away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    We must have had a spike last year coming off the NAB cup win. Was that an aberration and this year's figures closer to the long-term norm?

Not that that's a good thing, just forseeable? Certainly didn't help having that shocker in Round 1.

Also maybe there's some kind of fatigue that sets in when we've been close, but not close enough, for a few years in row. You start to wonder if it really is possible. The momentum sort of drops away.
    Have thought about this as well.

After all the years of being so close (not just the last 3 years), do people just say 'stuff it' now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    Yes, I appreciate that fact and the reality is that if I couldn't pay my membership on a monthly basis, I would maybe have to reconsider. I think the club has done a great deal to try and assist people pay for their membership, but when times are financially tough, a footy club membership is probably considered a "luxury".
    Should get this campaign going again for the lapsed members. I love this TV spot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3rmYvBerAw
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Should get this campaign going again for the lapsed members. I love this TV spot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3rmYvBerAw
    Oh yeah, great advert - perhaps Bazza could be the one calling the names????