Jackie Epstein
April 10, 2011

WESTERN Bulldogs forward Barry Hall enjoyed a quiet drink at Callan Ward's 21st birthday.

As well as a 71-point win over Gold Coast yesterday, he was celebrating a unique personal milestone of 700 career goals.

"I wasn't (aware). I heard the crowd yelling and screaming and I didn't know what was going on," Hall said.

"I looked at the board if there might be a replay or something happened behind play so it was a bit of a bonus."

Hall's five goals took him to 20th on the all-time goalkickers' list.

The former St Kilda and Sydney tough man agreed it was a humbling achievement.

"It is a bit ... 20th of all time - that's pretty flattering but that's just a bonus," he said.

"I didn't expect to get anywhere near that so I'm pretty happy.

"We got the four points but we didn't win in the fashion that we wanted to. In saying that, we've got to enjoy the wins and getting them early is important.

"Four points against anyone is a bonus."

Hall, 34, said he was still enjoying footy but was unsure if he could commit to reaching the 300-game milestone. He has played 277 games.

"We're only at Round 3 and I'm really sore so it's not a good start," he said.

"I guess it's all depending on the body and mentally too. I've been doing it a long time.

"You do something for long enough and you get sick of things. At the moment I'm enjoying it still, which is important. We'll wait for six months and see how we go."

Hall said he had pulled up OK after being collected by Brown at the nine-minute mark of the second quarter.

"He was running around like a lunatic but that's fine," he said.

"And they got the free kick."

Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade acknowledged the 700-goal feat.

"I didn't realise it was coming," he said.

"Barry was good, he'd be pleased with that.

"He's pulled up a bit sore and tight so the week off will help. It was good for him."

Link