Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Any surprises here from Andrejs Everitt?

Just wondering if anyone is surprised by the form of Andrejs Everitt at his new club. He hasn't set the world on fire but he looks like he has slotted in quite nicely and seems to be a handy defender that can go forward and kick a goal or two.

I was a tad upset we let him go because I always thought that he had a lot more improvement in him. I'm not surprised that he is playing the way he is at the moment although I'm not sure if he can keep it up.

He had definitely fallen from grace in Eade's eyes from which it is hard to come back from (just ask Jade Rawlings), although Josh Hill is making the most of his opportunities this year.

Did we let him go a year too early???

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any surprises here from Andrejs Everitt?

Jade Rawlings fall from grace was his body.

I didn't think we should have let Dre go and rate him highly but I don't think he has been a 'handy' defender for them. He had been pretty ordinary up until that great last quarter forward. He spent the first half being absolutely owned by Lynch down back. I, as well as a lot of our fans I know, were surprised/disappointed Dre didn't get much of a go up forward for us.

I'm thankful we kept Hill that's for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the same Everitt that was torched by Quentin Lynch and had 4 goals kicked on him in the first half? Terrific effort to come back and make an impact when moved forward, but he was picked up by the Swans as a defender. If he suddenly morphs into a permanent key forward that kickes bags of 4 every week for the Swans, then I'll worry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Is this the same Everitt that was torched by Quentin Lynch and had 4 goals kicked on him in the first half? Terrific effort to come back and make an impact when moved forward, but he was picked up by the Swans as a defender. If he suddenly morphs into a permanent key forward that kickes bags of 4 every week for the Swans, then I'll worry.
    Exactly my thoughts Sedat.

Will be interesting to see how they play him especially with Craig Bolton retiring which means that Ted Richards, LRT and now Everitt all have to go up the pecking ordering in picking up opposition forwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol sorry didn't realise that Lynch kicked 4 goals on him. I did only catch parts of the second half in which he was good. My bad, but Lynch has kicked a bag on Lake in the past too so that can happen to the best as well :P From the games I have seen him play in the pre-season and the first couple of rounds, I thought he was serviceable down back.

Post Thanks / Like

Lazy on the training track and lazy on game day. Yes he has talent but no intensity and very laid back

I wonder how is golf swing practise is going
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Lazy on the training track and lazy on game day. Yes he has talent but no intensity and very laid back

I wonder how is golf swing practise is going
    I agree that he has massive intensity issues but any potential blame to Eade for not changing that? We don't question the fact that Dre has intensity issues, no doubt in my mind but I also question Eade for Dre's failure at our club.

The golf swing practice reaction is a bit much IMO. If it was Cooney it would have been seen as somewhat charming.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I didn't think we should have let Dre go and rate him highly but I don't think he has been a 'handy' defender for them. He had been pretty ordinary up until that great last quarter forward. He spent the first half being absolutely owned by Lynch down back. I, as well as a lot of our fans I know, were surprised/disappointed Dre didn't get much of a go up forward for us.

I'm thankful we kept Hill that's for sure.
    I would have preferred to have kept Dre and also rate him highly. Personally I believe it was as much a failing of our coaching staff to not bring him on. If he is given time, nutured so that he grows in confidence then the Swans again will have picked up a bargain trade. He might've been 'owned' by Lynch in the first half but among other Swans in that last quarter was key to taking home the four points. I would still back Dre's upside more than what I've see in Vez. who looks too slow and one dimensional as a small forward. And this golf swing example that keeps getting thrown up should hardly define what he can and should be able to achieve, unfortunately now for the Swans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I would have preferred to have kept Dre and also rate him highly. Personally I believe it was as much a failing of our coaching staff to not bring him on. If he is given time, nutured so that he grows in confidence then the Swans again will have picked up a bargain trade. He might've been 'owned' by Lynch in the first half but among other Swans in that last quarter was key to taking home the four points. I would still back Dre's upside more than what I've see in Vez. who looks too slow and one dimensional as a small forward.
    As much as I say I would have proffered to keep Dre, it did look like he would never really make it at our club. Once again, I definitely believe Dre has the lion's share of the blame for that but Eade has his share too.

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I say I would have proffered to keep Dre, it did look like he would never really make it at our club. Once again, I definitely believe Dre has the lion's share of the blame for that but Eade has his share too.
    I agree with the bolded point. So although I would've preferred to have kept him under different circumstances, it was no use having him as some failed list clogger and put up as an archetype for lack of intensity / determination.

Post Thanks / Like

Some players just need a change in environment. Not all player/coaches get along and that is human nature. Would love to have seen him be a succesful Dogs player but he is gone, simple as that.

Post Thanks / Like

Not surprised, in as much as a lot of players initially do well at their new clubs. Would be very surprised if he was to maintain it for an extended period. Agree with those who note his spanking up until the fourth qtr.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Not surprised, in as much as a lot of players initially do well at their new clubs. Would be very surprised if he was to maintain it for an extended period. Agree with those who note his spanking up until the fourth qtr.
    He also had two ordinary games to start the season off before that. Basically, he has had one great quarter and nothing else so far.

Post Thanks / Like

He also had two ordinary games to start the season off before that. Basically, he has had one great quarter and nothing else so far.
    Such is the general malaise plaguing AFL journalism today - they are so lazy en masse that they don't even bother to watch more that the cursory highlights package from certain games and then form judgements on those games accordingly. Everitt was good enough to get himself into the right position 3 times late in the piece, but how did the ball get to these one-on-one opps in the first place? How did Dre perform in the other 3 qtrs, let alone the first 2 matches? Mind-bogglingly poor attention to detail.

Grant Thomas on Footy Classified was only too happy to proclaim that Sydney's system has transformed Everitt into another one of their quality recruits from another club - would like to see more evidence than a 10 minute cameo that was forced upon the club, as the player in question was getting smashed in his primary role, to prove this theory correct.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that he has massive intensity issues but any potential blame to Eade for not changing that? We don't question the fact that Dre has intensity issues, no doubt in my mind but I also question Eade for Dre's failure at our club.

The golf swing practice reaction is a bit much IMO. If it was Cooney it would have been seen as somewhat charming.
    What should have Eade and Co done differently?