Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Daniel Giansiracusa to miss for Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Some a few points:
    - Gia has obvious weakness and subtle strengths and I have defended him in the past
    - I think he is really struggling at the moment
    - Our fans are the new Richmond. I have made comments in another thread. High expectations aren't always purely positive. Our 'high' expectations really seem to come from a negative/desperate/frustrated place. The way our fans are at the moment, our perfect match for rivalry round is an intra-club.
    I see your point; the interesting thing is other team’s supporters perceptions of Gia. I don't doubt some of the comments were from Bulldog supporters but I certainly think there were some from other supporters who share the same sentiment of some on WOOF.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Don't agree. Forget the first match everyone was woeful. I thought he really contributed in both mnatches he played in.

Most of the comments in the Hun are disgraceful and posted by people who know nothing about football.
    Surely you don't mean his contribution in the gold coast game, i understand he was sick and the blow from Karmichael didn't help but if he had gastro before the game and wasn't cherry ripe i would have prefered Gia to sit out the game and give someone else a go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Surely you don't mean his contribution in the gold coast game, i understand he was sick and the blow from Karmichael didn't help but if he had gastro before the game and wasn't cherry ripe i would have prefered Gia to sit out the game and give someone else a go.
    Everyone other than Wallis was in Perth for the Foxtel Cup and I heard (on here) that Wallis lost his grandmother that Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

I see your point; the interesting thing is other team’s supporters perceptions of Gia.
    Other team's supporters think Gia is a front-running girl. North fans in particular cannot stand him because they hate seeing a front-running girl regularly handing their ass on a platter every bit as often as their poster-boy Breny Harvey has done to us.

Other team's supporters have no idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Gia is seriously under-rated by plenty in the football community.

I see comments that he is a front runner and only plays well when the team does.

He is sometimes the game breaker and has often been the difference. He regularly sacrifices his game for the team and gets castigated by the unknowing for it.

Do we remember how good he was when he took on Boyd's role when Boydy had his broken hand.

I also vividly recall the Adelaide game in May 2009, where he DID change the game with a dominant second half.

Someone should ask Bob Murphy how important Gia is. Bob has taken more of his marks from the footskill of Gia than anyone else. He is consistently the player who sets up scoring shots.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Why not? I don't know how fit he was and whether the gastro was an issue, however, for the time he was on the ground picked up 16 disposals and three score assists. He aslo flew the flag when Ward got hit behind play.

I think he has been in good form.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why not? I don't know how fit he was and whether the gastro was an issue, however, for the time he was on the ground picked up 16 disposals and three score assists. He aslo flew the flag when Ward got hit behind play.

I think he has been in good form.
    Yep i get that, i just think if Gia was underdone (much like Cooney rd 1) he should have stood aside for the better of the team. Obviously there were issues in terms of a replacement with Willy playing interstate.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep i get that, i just think if Gia was underdone (much like Cooney rd 1) he should have stood aside for the better of the team. Obviously there were issues in terms of a replacement with Willy playing interstate.
    In hindsight your right.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.