Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

GO West, Young man

By Jennifer Witham

WESTERN Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade has no fears in giving young midfielder Mitch Wallis a Perth debut if he is picked for the clash with Fremantle on Anzac Day.

Wallis, along with Brodie Moles and Nathan Djerrkura, is in the mix to replace Daniel Giansiracusa, who will miss with a strained hamstring suffered last week.

Eade said neither the travel nor the size of Patersons Stadium would be a factor when considering Wallis, who has been named as an emergency in all three rounds so far and played well in the VFL on the weekend, as a possible inclusion.

"He's playing footy. It doesn't matter where he plays. You'd be happy to get your first game wherever," Eade said.

Giansiracusa, who stayed out of the Dogs' main session on Wednesday and completed just straight line running, will miss at least this round.

"He won't play. We won't be taking any risks with him," Eade said.

"He probably is a chance for the week after. We have a six-day break so we'll weigh that up next week and see how he is."

Eade said former Sydney Swan Patrick Veszpremi was nearing his Bulldogs' debut and may have been considered this week, but the forward broke a finger during Wednesday's hit out and would miss at least one week.

Daniel Cross was absent with illness while defender Tom Williams left the track halfway through with back spasms but Eade said both were likely to play.

Ruckman Will Minson is pushing for a call up after a strong game in the VFL, but Eade said the Dogs would not adopt a policy like Essendon may this week and play three big men together.

"We think Jordan [Roughead] is doing quite well as a second ruck and as a forward he's giving us good options," he said.

"Will's probably competing with both them on that different level, so both are probably marginally in front of him.

"His form's terrific at the moment and he's knocking on the door and putting pressure on Ben [Hudson], which is good.

"[Hudson's] form's improved the last couple of weeks; he was disappointing in round one, so [Minson's] being considered but I think Ben will play this week."

Hudson was in full flight on Wednesday after overcoming an ankle problem last week.

Zeph Skinner, who impressed against Fremantle in the NAB Challenge match in Bunbury earlier this year, is playing well in the VFL reserves but won't be considered for senior selection until the second half of the year.

Defender Ryan Hargrave will play his first game for the season in the VFL next weekend after overcoming a nasty foot injury that required two operations over summer.
    for westernbulldogs.com.au
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GO WEst, Young man

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting Skinner won't be considered till second half of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Interesting Skinner won't be considered till second half of the year.
    He's playing Willy reserves currently so would be tough to make selection for the dogs in the next 6 weeks i'd say.

Post Thanks / Like

Mitch and Tom both with big Afro's

Its like a flashback to the 70s

Post Thanks / Like

Will, Ves and Wallis all pushing for selection and Addison as well IMO. Good signs.

At least Rodney is acknowledging Will but I think knocking on the door is an understatement. Will is tearing the door to pieces and eating the leftovers.

Post Thanks / Like

Defender Ryan Hargrave will play his first game for the season in the VFL next weekend after overcoming a nasty foot injury that required two operations over summer.
    That's good news. Hope he goes OK.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    At least Rodney is acknowledging Will but I think knocking on the door is an understatement. Will is tearing the door to pieces and eating the leftovers.
    Certainly can't fault his attitude at all, especially after the reports he fronted up in very good shape for pre-season training.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

By Jennifer Witham

WESTERN Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade has no fears in giving young midfielder Mitch Wallis a Perth debut if he is picked for the clash with Fremantle on Anzac Day.

Wallis, along with Brodie Moles and Nathan Djerrkura, is in the mix to replace Daniel Giansiracusa, who will miss with a strained hamstring suffered last week.

Eade said neither the travel nor the size of Patersons Stadium would be a factor when considering Wallis, who has been named as an emergency in all three rounds so far and played well in the VFL on the weekend, as a possible inclusion.

"He's playing footy. It doesn't matter where he plays. You'd be happy to get your first game wherever," Eade said.

Giansiracusa, who stayed out of the Dogs' main session on Wednesday and completed just straight line running, will miss at least this round.

"He won't play. We won't be taking any risks with him," Eade said.

"He probably is a chance for the week after. We have a six-day break so we'll weigh that up next week and see how he is."

Eade said former Sydney Swan Patrick Veszpremi was nearing his Bulldogs' debut and may have been considered this week, but the forward broke a finger during Wednesday's hit out and would miss at least one week.

Daniel Cross was absent with illness while defender Tom Williams left the track halfway through with back spasms but Eade said both were likely to play.

Ruckman Will Minson is pushing for a call up after a strong game in the VFL, but Eade said the Dogs would not adopt a policy like Essendon may this week and play three big men together.

"We think Jordan [Roughead] is doing quite well as a second ruck and as a forward he's giving us good options," he said.

"Will's probably competing with both them on that different level, so both are probably marginally in front of him.

"His form's terrific at the moment and he's knocking on the door and putting pressure on Ben [Hudson], which is good.

"[Hudson's] form's improved the last couple of weeks; he was disappointing in round one, so [Minson's] being considered but I think Ben will play this week."

Hudson was in full flight on Wednesday after overcoming an ankle problem last week.

Zeph Skinner, who impressed against Fremantle in the NAB Challenge match in Bunbury earlier this year, is playing well in the VFL reserves but won't be considered for senior selection until the second half of the year.

I'm almost hoping we don't play him against Collingwood, so when we get the absolute sh*t belted out of us I won't have to hear any more crap about how soft Gia is, once we realise how important a player the man is.

It's obvious either his ruckwork or his ability up front is only thing holding him back.

Good to see Zeph being told he won't play until mid-year. Great message for the young guy — go and get yourself fit, train the house down, THEN worry about getting a senior game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Certainly can't fault his attitude at all, especially after the reports he fronted up in very good shape for pre-season training.
    Hopefully it rubs off on some of the other boys. Wonderful attitude.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    "I'm almost hoping we don't play him against Collingwood, so when we get the absolute sh*t belted out of us I won't have to hear any more crap about how soft Gia is, once we realise how important a player the man is.

I have to agree. I am sick and tired of supporters calling Gia Soft.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GO West, Young man

I saw on the facebook page a few calling for Moles to come back, how has he been playing at Williamstown? I don't really recall hearing his name much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    I saw on the facebook page a few calling for Moles to come back, how has he been playing at Williamstown? I don't really recall hearing his name much.
    One of the papers suggested he was a possible replacement for Gia. He missed the first game or two with an ankle injury and I heard he wasn't too flash last week.

Post Thanks / Like

Village people or Pet Shop Boys version? Very High Camp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Village people or Pet Shop Boys version? Very High Camp

Choose which one suits Wallis

Post Thanks / Like

Could be the band called Go West. Either way of the 3 ways, they were all crap.