Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GO West, Young man

Looks like young Mitch will get his chance, just selfishly wish it was over here so he could feel the support of all of us! Good luck to him - may this be the start of a long and successful career. Feeling old tho - watching sons of guns is fantastic and at the same time, deeply disturbing that I watched their Dads go around!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    Looks like young Mitch will get his chance, just selfishly wish it was over here so he could feel the support of all of us! Good luck to him - may this be the start of a long and successful career. Feeling old tho - watching sons of guns is fantastic and at the same time, deeply disturbing that I watched their Dads go around!
    I told him that at the East-West day... I used to watch his old man as a kid - diplomatically he said "Jeez, you don't look old enough!"
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I told him that at the East-West day... I used to watch his old man as a kid - diplomatically he said "Jeez, you don't look old enough!"
    Andrew - I've said it before, but this kid is going to make a great Bulldog captain one day - what tact.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    Andrew - I've said it before, but this kid is going to make a great Bulldog captain one day - what tact.......
    Are you saying I do look old enough?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

rapt the mitch is going to play his first game with libba but he should have played his first against the suns in round 3 infront the the bulldog faithfull. go sons of guns

Post Thanks / Like

Mitch Wallis ready to go: Bulldogs

THE Western Bulldogs expect Mitch Wallis to step straight into the pace of senior football when he makes his debut against Fremantle on Monday.

The Dogs are yet to name their final 22 for the clash with the Dockers, but have confirmed that the son of Steve will run out in the red, white and blue for the first time at Patersons Stadium on Monday night.

"He gets a long awaited chance at it,’’ assistant coach Paul Williams said today.

"He’s been really good all pre-season and it’s just a matter of getting an opportunity and one came up, so it’s good to get him in the side.

"I’m looking forward to seeing him compete because he’s a competitor.’’

Williams said he was confident in Wallis’ ability to get the job done in Perth.

"He’s been right to go for a few weeks, so he’s been buzzing for about four weeks,’’ he said. "I think he’ll be fine.’’

Having played against both Steve Wallis and Tom Liberatore’s dad Tony, Williams said he could see similarities between the fathers and sons. "They’re dads were both great competitors and both the boys are super competitive,’’ he said.

"So there’s definitely some similarities in that area.’’
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Stong emphasis of their ability to compete and be competitive because they're competitors.

Really though, it's great that both have a very high level of intensity. Fitness etc aside, I think both can become best 22 players and be important over the course of the season and finals. The application/intensity they bring is a great thing for the side.