Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 5 discussion

Shame that Brisbane could not maintain their fanatical intensity tonight against the Saints - just a bad 10 minute patch at the start of the last qtr was the difference in the end. Our formline using Brisbane as the measuring stick doesn't look too bad in hindsight - they have pushed all of Freo, Melbourne and St Kilda to the limit. Vossy has his critics but his chargers sure are playing with desire and commitment - what is killing them is their poor skill execution gifting too many easy turnover goals to the opposition.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 5 discussion

Brisbane should have won,missing two gettable goals before 3/4 time.
    We crushed Bris Vegas when not setting the world on fire,just wondering if they've improved or Stkilda have slipped alarmingly? Stkilda still looking like their running in cement,the run and spread is just not there.To many Bakers Jones's Mcqualters Stephens for mine,with that non event Kosi in the side.
    Did I hear Lyon was complaining about the ground being watered? Probably the biggest irony this year. A club who proudly boasted about watering their sty of a ground!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Brisbane should have won,missing two gettable goals before 3/4 time.
    We crushed Bris Vegas when not setting the world on fire,just wondering if they've improved or Stkilda have slipped alarmingly? Stkilda still looking like their running in cement,the run and spread is just not there.To many Bakers Jones's Mcqualters Stephens for mine,with that non event Kosi in the side.
    Did I hear Lyon was complaining about the ground being watered? Probably the biggest irony this year. A club who proudly boasted about watering their sty of a ground!
    It was funny when Dennis C commented on the sprinklers and said it was delayed Karma.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane lost the game in the 3rd quarter with 1 kick. A terrible 20m backward pass that went to Milne? who gave it off to Gram for a goal.

I think the Saints kicked the next 5 goals after that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Brisbane lost the game in the 3rd quarter with 1 kick. A terrible 20m backward pass that went to Milne? who gave it off to Gram for a goal.

I think the Saints kicked the next 5 goals after that.
    Footy's a bitch sometimes.

Merritt was just about BOG, too. It was the only mistake he made all match but it was a howler.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Brisbane better than we thought or Saints worse than we thought?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I'd have to think it's more about the Saints going through a very bad patch. Brisbane are workman like but good sides shouldn't struggle against them.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd have to think it's more about the Saints going through a very bad patch. Brisbane are workman like but good sides shouldn't struggle against them.
    I guess I mention it because Brisbane also put up a pretty good show against Melbourne. They really are missing Jonathan Brown.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I agree with that. They're disciplined and work hard, but they just lack the class to finish off their work. They also tend to fumble, or have one poor possession in a chain of handballs just as they're about to clear the congestion.

A cleaner team would've cut St Kilda up last night.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I mention it because Brisbane also put up a pretty good show against Melbourne. They really are missing Jonathan Brown.
    Melbourne are pretty shit themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

..and Fremantle. Fremantle were coming off some pretty awful preseason form, but Brisbane were absolutely robbed by terrible last quarter decisions and a a horrendous injury count.

I think there should be a heap of reports to come out of this game. Probably not huge point earners, but a fair few reprimands and 1 weekers for some late hits and off the ball stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty flat performance last night, wouldn't be too impressed if I were a StKilda supporter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Pretty flat performance last night, wouldn't be too impressed if I were a StKilda supporter.
    It's all good they can use the sprinklers as an excuse to make them feel a little better. Their insanely tough run in the next 8 or so weeks is about to really ram home how bad they are travelling though. They'd want to unslump themselves pronto.

Saints to play:
    Adelaide in Adelaide
    Carlton
    Hawthorn
    Melbourne
    Freo at Patersons
    Collingwood (Collingwood get the Saints after they travel to Perth the week before, like they do with us)
    Us
    Geelong

On current form I wouldn't pick them to win any of those.

Post Thanks / Like

Think they could get Adelaide or Melbourne, but they don't look like it in those others!

Post Thanks / Like

Saints lost both games in Adelaide last year. Wouldn't be expecting them to beat Adelaide over there this year.