Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eade proud of Dogs despite loss

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Personally - I think the midfielders need to let the defenders, defend (within reason) - and stay out of our defensive 50 and give us options on the way out.
    That's good in theory...but the opposition are pressing up so if we don't go with them, they WILL have loose players in the forward 50. Are you prepared to cop that?

If you are happy to concede a few easy goals a week, then it is a worthy strategy...it is a defensive roll of the dice though because the opposition will leave any of our players who are not a single phase receiving threat by themselves and outnumber us at the contest.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Would really depend on the half of the game, the scoreline, opponents.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    That's good in theory...but the opposition are pressing up so if we don't go with them, they WILL have loose players in the forward 50. Are you prepared to cop that?

If you are happy to concede a few easy goals a week, then it is a worthy strategy...it is a defensive roll of the dice though because the opposition will leave any of our players who are not a single phase receiving threat by themselves and outnumber us at the contest.
    But how many players do we have inside the defensive 50 - not ALL of their players are pushing inside the 50 - plenty are staying out and building a wall at CHB.

When I say we have mids pushing up too far it is that we are outnumbering the opposition inside their forward 50. I'm not saying we don't man up - I'm saying we don't need 14, 15, 16 blokes in the defensive 50 - because it leaves us with 2 scenarios. We either wait til the opposition scores....or we actually get the ball....and handball 30 times inside defensive 50 before we bomb it at their wall.

Our guys don't spread well enough to get the ball effectively out of defence when we have huge numbers back.