From Westernbulldogs.com.au

In what the man himself describes as a ‘freak accident’, in the opening round of Season 2011, Easton Wood suffered an excruciating ankle injury. Jeopardising what looked set to be a promising year for the young midfielder/defender, Wood promptly left the field and was in surgery the same night.

No stranger to injury - he played the 2010 prelims with broken ribs - Wood has taken this latest setback in his stride. “Basically I snapped my ankle joints, snapped the ligaments and tore a muscle as well. So I did a pretty good job on it,” he explains.

Now rid of the ‘moon boot’ after three weeks, Wood is enthusiastically working through his rehabilitation, which includes boxing, weights and pilates, to get back to playing at the same level as before.

“He’s travelling really well. We know with Easton’s hard working attitude he’ll be back very quickly,” says Andrew McKenzie, Western Bulldogs Medical Services Manager, of Wood’s rehabilitation. “We’re very confident that his rehab will go really well.”

Fans, thanks for your well wishes and support on Easton’s road to recovery. We all look forward to seeing him back out on the field very soon