Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Easton Eases into Training

From Westernbulldogs.com.au

In what the man himself describes as a ‘freak accident’, in the opening round of Season 2011, Easton Wood suffered an excruciating ankle injury. Jeopardising what looked set to be a promising year for the young midfielder/defender, Wood promptly left the field and was in surgery the same night.

No stranger to injury - he played the 2010 prelims with broken ribs - Wood has taken this latest setback in his stride. “Basically I snapped my ankle joints, snapped the ligaments and tore a muscle as well. So I did a pretty good job on it,” he explains.

Now rid of the ‘moon boot’ after three weeks, Wood is enthusiastically working through his rehabilitation, which includes boxing, weights and pilates, to get back to playing at the same level as before.

“He’s travelling really well. We know with Easton’s hard working attitude he’ll be back very quickly,” says Andrew McKenzie, Western Bulldogs Medical Services Manager, of Wood’s rehabilitation. “We’re very confident that his rehab will go really well.”

Fans, thanks for your well wishes and support on Easton’s road to recovery. We all look forward to seeing him back out on the field very soon
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Easton Eases into Training

My new favourite player!! Wishing you a speedy and successful rehabilitation and looking forward to seeing you back on the ground Easton!!

Post Thanks / Like

good video, not sure about the backing music. Very days of our lives
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I enjoyed it. Well done to the club for putting it together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    good video, not sure about the backing music. Very days of our lives
    The music made it feel like Easton Wood had died, especially at the end with the writing summarising his life/career to date flashing up.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear. We need your speed back in the team Easton so hurry up will you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    The music made it feel like Easton Wood had died, especially at the end with the writing summarising his life/career to date flashing up.
    Yeah it felt like they needed to have a little bit at the end wishing Easton's family well dealing with this difficult time.