Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Team Round 6

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Round 6

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Not sure that could happen . I don't know Collingwood's structure 100% but I thought Blair as a soley a small forward or spends most his time up forward.
    Why wouldn't we want one of our best ball winners near the ball not just in our defence?
    Blair plays as part of the outside mids rotation - high hf / wing - with a very occasional stint inside. Didak and Thomas in the same outside mids group.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Jolly out, a few niggling injuries ( Harry O ) , Johnson not doing so well, Sidebottom not really firing... this might be closer than than many predict.
    Really like the addition of Addison and Schofield. We need finals level intensity. That's been our biggest weakness, ability to grind it out. Good signs last week. Swan is a worry. Best match up for him?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Jolly out, a few niggling injuries ( Harry O ) , Johnson not doing so well, Sidebottom not really firing... this might be closer than than many predict.
    Really like the addition of Addison and Schofield. We need finals level intensity. That's been our biggest weakness, ability to grind it out. Good signs last week. Swan is a worry. Best match up for him?
    Personally I don't agree with this. I think our biggest weakness has been our ball movement - whether it be poor skills & decision making - or our ability to spread from the contest. I think we've played a fair bit of dumb footy - with a good level of intensity to get the ball - but turning it over once we have it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Personally I don't agree with this. I think our biggest weakness has been our ball movement - whether it be poor skills & decision making - or our ability to spread from the contest. I think we've played a fair bit of dumb footy - with a good level of intensity to get the ball - but turning it over once we have it.
    Sorry. What I meant was our ability to handle opposition pressure. We've been pretty good in turning it over and allowing inside 50s. Other teams used to know they could just pressure us out of the game.

Your points about ball movement...right. We've gone from being 'slick' to 'hack'. Basic stuff, kicking to a target. Frustrating
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Tag swan or not? What's the best match up? Like to see Picken run with him. What did we do last time?

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't been able to stop Swan at all in recent matches. He's probably too inside for Picken and I think Picken would be more effective on Thomas or Didak. I don't really think we have anyone in our side who can effectively tag Swan so the next best option would be to run 2-3 players through him and have a very good plan for when he pushes forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    It was against Richmond after all!
    Whilst the Pies smashed them, Camerom Wood made Angus Graham look like Polly Farmer

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd could tag Swan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Boyd could tag Swan.
    Watch a replay of last year's QF.

Boyd got murdered.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go Boyd on Swan, Picken to Pendlebury, Cross to Thomas??. My first option would be to have Morris as a midfield tagger following Didak around and back Stack, Gilbee and Murphy to do the job on Beams, Blair, Dick et al. If not, then we may have to shuffle back and have Morris play as a pure defender on their trickiest small forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Watch a replay of last year's QF.

Boyd got murdered.

Who didn't besides Griff?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Add Maxwell to the list that have struggled a little, he is definitely not back to his best. If he is to play loose we have to punish him by getting the ball on his opponents hands and when he does get it really target him, his disposal has been average.

I think we have to accept that Swan is going to rack them up no matter who is on him, but I think we can learn from Freo that if everyone downfield is covered and we don't give him a week then his disposals will not be as damaging (ala Boyd). We have to come out and hit the likes of Swan, Pendlebury, Didak, Thomas, Blair etc hard early so they have that feeling when they get it they are about to be nailed. Getting inside their heads is critical, if they feel like they are under the pump they are more likely to rush their disposal. In '09 a very average Collingwood belted the rampant Geelong midseason (was it 90 odd points?) by doing something similar.

Post Thanks / Like

If Boys goes to Swan, expect both players to rack up 30+ possies. Boyd is one of the most unaccountable mids going round. I like the idea of Cross on Pendlebury is he can sacrifice his own game for the sake of the team. Id put Picken on Thomas and Morris on Didak. We cant allow their lesser types of Blair, Sidebottom, Dick etc to kick multiples...we always seem to struggle against their small brigade. Wonder if Davis will play fwd against us if we dont have a matchup for him down back?

Ward to Shaw, Murphy to Maxwell, Jones to Reid and Addison to Obrein are other matchups i would go for.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Final teams in

Stack DJ and Schofield Emergencies

4 Changes

Post Thanks / Like

So;

In: Minson, Jones, Addison, Moles
    Out:Hudson, Higgins, Hall, Stack