Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 6 Games

Post Thanks / Like

Round 6 Games

Gee Melbourne looked off the pace against the Eagles last night.

Good share of goals up forward by the Eagles too with Darling, Embley & Lynch all kicking 3.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 6 Games

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post

Good share of goals up forward by the Eagles too with Darling, Embley & Lynch all kicking 3.
    They just couldn't get started and Darling looks like an awesome prospect as long as he can stay out of trouble.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm

Didnt Melbourne have the bye in Round 5....and they had to travel to Perth...and play the Gold Coast the week before their bye

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post
    Hmmmm

Didnt Melbourne have the bye in Round 5....and they had to travel to Perth...and play the Gold Coast the week before their bye
    Maybe, just maybe, we are not as in quite as bad shape as we thought. A 5 day break with Collingwood and then a 6 day break in Canberra (versus a Swans 8 day break) may continue to make it look that way though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Maybe, just maybe, we are not as in quite as bad shape as we thought. A 5 day break with Collingwood and then a 6 day break in Canberra (versus a Swans 8 day break) may continue to make it look that way though.
    We are going pretty well...next month of footy is very tough though. Most of us hoped we would be sitting 4-1 after our first 5 games - atm it looks like 2-3 with a % of 100 is about the best we can hope for.

Not a disaster but not ideal.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post

Could we have picked up Darling with the Sherman pick?
    West Coast have a bargain,noticing West Coasts forward pressure.
    Their kicking looks to have improved,their intensity has improved.
    Melbourne on the other hand looked beaten at the start complete lack of intensity and enthusiasm. Said it before Dean Bailey is in trouble he can't get any effort out of this group.
    No leadership and for the life of me they should have kept James Mcdonald

Post Thanks / Like

Losing Bruce and McDonald the way they have seems to have taken some heart out of the team.

We will face a similar dilemma soon with some of our players. Hope it is later rather than sooner.

Post Thanks / Like

Green looks totally uninterested to me and is in probably the worst form of his last 6-7 years. Cant get near the ball and when he does he looks slow, fumbles etc.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Eagles look okay but I'm still miffed how a bottom 3 side who were terrible last year can be as Darcy says 'an exciting and difficult team to beat both at home and away'.

I guess I underestimate self belief.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Could we have picked up Darling with the Sherman pick?
    West Coast have a bargain,noticing West Coasts forward pressure.
    Their kicking looks to have improved,their intensity has improved.
    Melbourne on the other hand looked beaten at the start complete lack of intensity and enthusiasm. Said it before Dean Bailey is in trouble he can't get any effort out of this group.
    No leadership and for the life of me they should have kept James Mcdonald
    No regrets on the Shermanator. He's a little terrier. Looks like he's slotting in nicely.
    Fingers crossed he and Jones can become our Reiwoldt and Milne ( minus their low-brow misadventures of course )
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Chris Judd Football club looked good tonight. Thought the game opened up which suited Carlton and Judd carried them over the line.(groundhog day)Longmire left young Smith on Betts to long,realistically we should beat Sydney next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Judd ia an amazong footballer. His clearance work in the 2nd half was as top shelf as you can get, against a team that normally thrives in the wet, loves the smaller ground, and eats up opponents in stoppage-laden games. He ended up with almost 20 clearances and about 26 contested possessions (out of 31 total possessions). He is one of the best mids to have played the game.

Excellent win on the road by Carlton, and we really should confortably accound for the Swans next week if we play near to our capacity. We definitely have a higher gear than Sydnay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Judd ia an amazong footballer. His clearance work in the 2nd half was as top shelf as you can get, against a team that normally thrives in the wet, loves the smaller ground, and eats up opponents in stoppage-laden games. He ended up with almost 20 clearances and about 26 contested possessions (out of 31 total possessions). He is one of the best mids to have played the game.

Excellent win on the road by Carlton, and we really should confortably accound for the Swans next week if we play near to our capacity. We definitely have a higher gear than Sydnay.
    Stuffed up my tips. I will have to reassess Sydney as I also picked them to beat Geelong up there in the wet.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see Judd stop trying to earn free kicks by dropping the ball and throwing his arms back. I know he is successful at it, but he is good enough let's see him win it fairly all the time. Even better I would like to see an ump with balls to call him for dropping the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

Never underestimate the bloods.
    They did lead for most of the game.
    The ' worm' graph at the end of the game showed their dominance until the end.
    Carlton just willed themselves back into it. Judd, like a stubborn ox in the wet, head down with three opponents at a timetrying to lock him up. Unbelievable.
    Swans looked like a bunch of Jockeys running round out there in the strip.
    Goodes carries on for frees like an italian striker.

They have some younger players who didn't contribute much.
    McVeigh, Kenelly, some quality players who won't be taken lightly by Dogs MC
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus