Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Josh Hill back to his best

Good article about Hill's move to the backline, and his possible trade at the end of last year

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226047672520

Interesting he says when the trade was mooted, he said "What do you mean?"... IMO, this was one issue holding him back, he had no understanding of his weaknesses - hope this has turned around.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josh Hill back to his best

Thanks for that article.

I used to play a lot of field hockey as well as footy. I got switched to half back one year and for some reason the challenge of stopping opponents seemed like much more suited to me and I started to enjoy it much more. Won a B and F that year ( in a minor country league! )
    Its a good idea to switch things and try new things. Has worked for Davis, Tarrant and quite a few others. Seems to be good for Josh.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I have always been a fan of Josh, But after Rocket blasted him for coming back to pre season after '09 FAT I was a bit worried about his attitude. It showed a bit last year at Willy, no 2nd effort no 3rd also. But after he was offered up as "Trade Bait" and I'd then spoken to his girlfriend at the east west training day, and later him, I believed that he had worked out that he had to give 100% all the time, both at training and on the field. I honestly believe that he is trying to prove that he is an AFL player and wants to stay a "DOG"
    Go Josh and may you one day produce a Father Son for the Red White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

this article was written prematurely.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very happy with Hill's attitude. His form has fluctuated this year but the attitude looks fine, so glad to still have him around.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah back to his best in particular the way he manned the mark on Sunday evening.
    Has to be better than that !!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Yeah back to his best in particular the way he manned the mark on Sunday evening.
    Has to be better than that !!
    Ward did the same when Sidebottom slotted a goal. Just stood on the mark like a stunned mullet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Ward did the same when Sidebottom slotted a goal. Just stood on the mark like a stunned mullet.
    The hair weighs him down a bit ya know?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    The hair weighs him down a bit ya know?
    Very witty, I just realised what I wrote.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    this article was written prematurely.
    I know this sounds silly, but everytime an article is written about one of our players, the following week they don't play well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.