HB: Lindsay Gilbee, Tom L. Williams, Robert Murphy

C: Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd, Justin Sherman

HF: Callan Ward, Liam Jones, Josh Hill

F: Jarrad Grant, William Minson, Daniel Giansiracusa

Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen

I/C: Brennan Stack, Brodie Moles, Mitchell Wallis, Zephaniah Skinner

Emg: Dylan Addison, Nathan Djerrkura, Jayden Schofield

In: Daniel Giansiracusa, Brennan Stack, Ben Hudson, Zephaniah Skinner

Out: Dylan Addison, Brian Lake, Jordan Roughead, Thomas Liberatore (Soreness)

New: Zephaniah Skinner (Northern Territory)

Sydney Swans

B: Martin Mattner, Ted Richards, Andrejs Everitt

HB: Tadhg Kennelly, Heath Grundy, Nicholas Smith

C: Craig Bird, Josh P. Kennedy, Nathan Gordon

HF: Ben McGlynn, Sam Reid, Daniel Hannebery

F: Rhyce Shaw, Adam Goodes, Ryan O'Keefe

Foll: Shane Mumford, Jude Bolton, Jarrad McVeigh

I/C: Jarred Moore, Mike Pyke, Lewis Jetta, Alex Johnson

Emg: Brett Meredith, Lewis Johnston, Luke Parker
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Dogmatic Guest

Re: Team Round 7

i can't wait to see Skinner take mark of the year in his first game!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Love it, good luck Skinner!

Post Thanks / Like

Interested to see Stack get a game, didn't think his form a Willy warranted a senior game. Best of luck to Zephi in his first game although I think he'll be the sub which may subdue his debut a little.

Disappointed for Libba although considering the short breaks and the way he plays the game, not surprised he is a little sore.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Our 6th game and already we have Libba, Wallis, Markovic, and Skinner debuting. With Schofield, Tutt and maybe Howard to come, this could be the biggest year of débutantes we have had for a very long time.

Add to that DJ, Jones, Stack and Roughead with less than 20 games, plus Vez to come, the future is looking bright.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Dogmatic Guest

Maybe we are taking a leaf out of Collinwood's book and resting players (General Soreness) so that throughout the year we have 26 or 27 players who are match hardened.......or maybe we are just so bad that we need to try different players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmatic View Post
    Maybe we are taking a leaf out of Collinwood's book and resting players (General Soreness) so that throughout the year we have 26 or 27 players who are match hardened.......or maybe we are just so bad that we need to try different players.
    I think the MC is taking the opportunity to try new players. Rocket already mentioned that he will only play players that are 100% and he also mentioned early on he wants to give some young guys a go. Resting Libba is a good idea, he is only 18 years old and being an in and under player can take its toll.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else as puzzled by the moves with Stack as I am?

Is his selection this week an acknowledgement that he shouldn't have been dropped or did he do 'something' unrelated to footy that led to the demotion? I don't understand this one.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

Is his selection this week an acknowledgement that he shouldn't have been dropped or did he do 'something' unrelated to footy that led to the demotion? I don't understand this one.
    With you on this one.

From what i've heard about his game at Willy, he didn't set the world on fire, nor is there a match up the screams we need Stack in the side.

Maybe Libba being unavailable meant he was the next best option?

Post Thanks / Like

He shouldn't have been dropped last week, but I guess the MC thought Addison would be a better choice versus Collingwood. As it turned out Addison was not up to the task.

Post Thanks / Like

No idea either. He didn't play particularly well for Willi on the weekend, he fumbled a couple of times under pressure in defence, then spent the second half across half forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    From what i've heard about his game at Willy, he didn't set the world on fire, nor is there a match up the screams we need Stack in the side.
    I know he is one for the boo boys but he is hardily the first or last to be promoted without playing well at williamstown. Addison was one last week and Skinner hasn't really set it alight either.
    Most claim last week he was unlucky and wasn't required with the tall pies forwards now we lost Lake who at his best provides run out of the backline. Is it that strange?

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to watching the Z-Factor!

Spewing Addison didn't put in a better performance, I think he adds good grunt to the side. Hill lucky not to be dropped before Dyl.

Hope Everitt doesn't carve us up.

Post Thanks / Like

MC nothing if not bold. This team looks nothing like I would have predicted pre season. Selecting with the confidence and September in mind.
    WesternOval'61

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    I know he is one for the boo boys but he is hardily the first or last to be promoted without playing well at williamstown. Addison was one last week and Skinner hasn't really set it alight either.
    Most claim last week he was unlucky and wasn't required with the tall pies forwards now we lost Lake who at his best provides run out of the backline. Is it that strange?
    Never commented about Stacks game against Freo because i never saw the game. It does seem strange however that he got dropped from the firsts, plays for Willy and doesn't perform and then gets re-selected when there is no obvious match up.

Maybe it was the MC plan to give him a break along the way