Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Team Round 7

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Round 7

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Not excuses, I'm just sick of certain players being the scape goats unfairly. Some people alround here just pick and choose who they want to blame.

Stick it up them Stacky.
    I hope he does!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Cuming View Post
    I thought that Stack got dropped last week as recognition that he cost us the game against Fremantle. At last, I thought the MC is starting to select with some sense.

Yes he did, he cost us the game, it was at a critical point and he screwed up badly. I was there, I saw it. I experienced the mood of the game. Not interested in reading about excuses such as every body made mistakes etc. Know all that, been there.

Cometh the moment, cometh the man. The moment comethed, but Stack didn'teth.
    I'm a huge fan of your work but doesn't that discredit your opinion for the other 20+ games we play a season?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    No back up (23rd player), surprised to see that. Thought it was common practice to take an extra?
    It's only a 40min flight so I would've thought even if someone hurt themselves at training or got sick overnight there would still be time to get an emergency up here.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to the Zeph.
    Hope he becomes a gun.
    Although not sure about the selection.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel really confident this week, after all we have:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Cuming View Post
    Cometh the moment, cometh the man. The moment comethed, but Stack didn'teth.
    On one level you are right. On many more, you are wrong.

Assigning a loss to a single moment in a game is short-sighted...and allows the group as a whole to absolve themselves of the loss - after all, it was Stacky's fault. It allows the coaching group to absolve themselves of the loss - I mean, if he had only...

I don't like this thinking, it doesn't helpt the idea of team and I always believe that unless skill/decision making errors are being consistently repeated then selection decisions should be made based on players who have not done ANYTHING rather than those who had the courage to ACT but made a mistake.

Against Fremantle we had 9 players with less than 15 possessions (an average score in modern footy) and 14 with less than 3 1%'ers...11 fit into both categories (Stack was in neither). To me, a young kid who offered run and carry and committed to team acts was not the main problem we had that night.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    On one level you are right. On many more, you are wrong.

Assigning a loss to a single moment in a game is short-sighted...and allows the group as a whole to absolve themselves of the loss - after all, it was Stacky's fault. It allows the coaching group to absolve themselves of the loss - I mean, if he had only...

I don't like this thinking, it doesn't helpt the idea of team and I always believe that unless skill/decision making errors are being consistently repeated then selection decisions should be made based on players who have not done ANYTHING rather than those who had the courage to ACT but made a mistake.

Against Fremantle we had 9 players with less than 15 possessions (an average score in modern footy) and 14 with less than 3 1%'ers...11 fit into both categories (Stack was in neither). To me, a young kid who offered run and carry and committed to team acts was not the main problem we had that night.
    Well said MJP.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

No late changes to either team today.

Benches: Dogs - Wallis, Gilbee, Hill.
    Swans - Bird, Jetta, Pyke.

Subs: Skinner, Moore.

Post Thanks / Like

Just heard that Addison may be in for Stack