Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Eagleton to sue Lake

REPORTS last night suggested former Western Bulldogs midfielder Nathan Eagleton is set to launch legal action against former teammate Brian Lake.

The legal dispute is understood to relate to a childcare centre business venture gone sour.

Adam Cooney is also believed to have been involved in the venture.

"We've tried to be discreet about this because of our respect for the football club, but we have exhausted every avenue," Eagleton's wife Angela said in a statement to The Footy Show.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eagleton to sue Lake

There are no winners in this situation, very disappointed that it has come out in the media.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Should start a letter writing campaign to these two. Earnest letters from the fans to get them to sort it out. It's not going to help us, and will sour their achievements as players.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

"At that time Lake is alleged to have told coaching staff that he would not play in the same side as Eagleton.

While he eventually took the field that weekend, the club conceded Lake did miss a training session at the time."

Wow - no I in team and all that.... Mcleod and Edwards eat your heart out, what is it with South Australians!?

Post Thanks / Like

Bad week for Lake.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Should start a letter writing campaign to these two. Earnest letters from the fans to get them to sort it out. It's not going to help us, and will sour their achievements as players.
    Why ?
    Its is two business partners who disagree on a contract.
    Interestedly Coons has shares in the business and the Eagle has left him out of it.
    Was Brian one who took a pay cut last season so Eagle could have another year ?
    It happens all the the time in business and has nothing to do with their on field achievements.
    Carey is still regarded as a great after all he did and it was a hell of a lot more than Brian has been accused of.
    Maybe we should all wait for a statement from both sides before we hang one of tour own.
    Then if found guilty what do we suggest, a trade for nix or a public flogging.
    To many reporters and not enough news to go around.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Why ?
    Its is two business partners who disagree on a contract.
    Interestedly Coons has shares in the business and the Eagle has left him out of it.
    Was Brian one who took a pay cut last season so Eagle could have another year ?
    It happens all the the time in business and has nothing to do with their on field achievements.
    Carey is still regarded as a great after all he did and it was a hell of a lot more than Brian has been accused of.
    Maybe we should all wait for a statement from both sides before we hang one of tour own.
    Then if found guilty what do we suggest, a trade for nix or a public flogging.
    To many reporters and not enough news to go around.
    Hi KT31. I said sour but not spoil.
    You're right, it's pretty common for friends to fall out in business.

The part in bold: Agree to disagree I guess. For many, Carey's antics distracted from what he achieved on the field, thus lessening his 'greatness' , especially for female fans. Not for me personally, and a topic for another day. I can relate to what he experienced as a kid.

But, To say these off field things don't distract players is a bit of a stretch. I mean, Brian refused to play with Eagle. That's about as serious as a team related incident gets.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Hi KT31. I said sour but not spoil.
    You're right, it's pretty common for friends to fall out in business.

The part in bold: Agree to disagree I guess. For many, Carey's antics distracted from what he achieved on the field, thus lessening his 'greatness' , especially for female fans. Not for me personally, and a topic for another day. I can relate to what he experienced as a kid.

But, To say these off field things don't distract players is a bit of a stretch. I mean, Brian refused to play with Eagle. That's about as serious as a team related incident gets.
    Think about it people,this crap about Lake refusing to play with Eagle,why would Lake fly to Darwin knowing Eagleton was in the team then want to fly home if there was bad blood between them Lake could have stayed back in Melb,not go all the way to Darwin just to fly all the way back.For Christ sake this is all BULLSH@#*.aLways TWO sides to a story and by the way the statement on the footy show was from Eagletons WIFE.(had a laugh about that)

Post Thanks / Like

Players shouldn't do business with teammates. Always a bad idea.