Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 8 Talk

Post Thanks / Like

Round 8 Talk

Terrific game tonight.

The Cats look like a team really enjoying the freshness of a new coach, definitely contenders to the Pies.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 8 Talk

I picked Collingwood but glad to see them lose.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I picked Collingwood but glad to see them lose.
    I get genuinely excited by Menzel, going to be a gem for Geelong.

Post Thanks / Like

Looked like the two Grand Finalists this year to me. I think Collingwood are beatable too.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was good to see a team willing to tackle and play with purpose.

Post Thanks / Like

After all the Trengove hysteria and the call of the game resembling "Netball", just have a look at the collision with Toovey and Hawkins

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Looked like the two Grand Finalists this year to me. I think Collingwood are beatable too.
    Fortunately the Grand Finalists are not selected in May. A week is a long time in footy, Five months is an eternity.

Collingwood should have gone down by five goals tonight. Jolly is a significant out, but I think the opposition coaches are starting to unravel Malthouse's game plan. Though, the willingness of the Pies midfielders to run hard both ways will always keep them in the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    Fortunately the Grand Finalists are not selected in May. A week is a long time in footy, Five months is an eternity.

Collingwood should have gone down by five goals tonight. Jolly is a significant out, but I think the opposition coaches are starting to unravel Malthouse's game plan. Though, the willingness of the Pies midfielders to run hard both ways will always keep them in the game.
    I think also Geelong have the best defence in the AFL and also have the scoring power up forward. They utilse a St Kilda/Collingwood like press but the difference to the Saints is they can kick goals (although they missed some easy ones tonight)
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think also Geelong have the best defence in the AFL and also have the scoring power up forward. They utilse a St Kilda/Collingwood like press but the difference to the Saints is they can kick goals (although they missed some easy ones tonight)
    In the first quarter especially, Collingwood couldn't get the ball into their forward line. Geelong didn't allow them the little dinky kicks to lead up players that they use to move the ball around the skinny side of the ground. They filled space and kept pressure on the lead up players. Most of the turnovers occurred between the 50 metre arcs. Collingwood only managed to score from a couple of fast breaks which their hard running mids turned into easy goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood were missing Johnson, Jolly, Maxwell to name a few, they would not have been too concerned with the loss.
    The weather conditions did not suit Cloke and Dawes who were quiet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Collingwood were missing Johnson, Jolly, Maxwell to name a few, they would not have been too concerned with the loss.
    The weather conditions did not suit Cloke and Dawes who were quiet
    But you could counter that by saying the weather conditions did not suit Hawkins and Podsiadly either. If Jpod had slotted even two of his gimmes, and on not such a swirly night, goals to Ling and others would have sealed it.
    Geelong seems happy to leak a few easy goals here and there, to keep the pressure tight in f50. Swan was beaten one on one a few times too by some young kid. Well done Cats

So what do we learn from this?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    But you could counter that by saying the weather conditions did not suit Hawkins and Podsiadly either. If Jpod had slotted even two of his gimmes, and on not such a swirly night, goals to Ling and others would have sealed it.
    Geelong seems happy to leak a few easy goals here and there, to keep the pressure tight in f50. Swan was beaten one on one a few times too by some young kid. Well done Cats

So what do we learn from this?
    Where do Geelong, who have been dominant for years, pull these gun kids from? Yeah they've got great support, but Menzell and Duncan look the goods. Christensen looks good, with a nice tough desperation. Even that Taylor Hunt kid is pretty good too.

Good luck, good drafting or do they know something we don't?

Post Thanks / Like

Is Wells stilll recruiting at Geelong? He is supposed to be one of the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Where do Geelong, who have been dominant for years, pull these gun kids from? Yeah they've got great support, but Menzell and Duncan look the goods. Christensen looks good, with a nice tough desperation. Even that Taylor Hunt kid is pretty good too.

Good luck, good drafting or do they know something we don't?
    Christenson from memory was father son and Menzel, Duncan were first round.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Is Wells stilll recruiting at Geelong? He is supposed to be one of the best.
    He is still there, if only he took the gold coast bucks, he was first choice but said no.
    More of an In Bruges guy?