Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eade calls for Dogs to be ferocious, intense

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I can remember he kicked two goals, plus passed a beautiful kick to hit (can't remember) on the chest resulting in another goal.
    pretty sure that was Grant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Any idea how many ended up with a mark for all 3? Or a goal / point if a shot from outside 50 is counted as an i50?
    It's not really possible to know how many ended up as marks, however, the assists in total are known and it's a reasonable guide.

Goal Assists:
    Libba-3
    Boyd-2
    Ward-1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    ps.

Quote from the article: ''He showed his worth at the weekend, His attack on the footy and his attack on the opponent was terrific. it's marvellous, isn't it, but we expect a lot of younger players but once they play 25, 20 or 40 games it seems a lot easier for them. they make good decisions.''

Interesting one, almost related to Sockeye's 20-game rule.

Is it also an insight into his changed stance this year with younger players? We seem to have played quite a few more than usual (probably forced to) and they are starting to respond, with Jones, Ward, Grant and Stack (yes, Stack) starting to contribute. We still need to get the balance right (ie. Minson on current form over Roughead every day of the week) but it's good to see the development focus this year while still being very competitive. (In fairness, some of our senior players from years past -- Johnno, Aker etc. -- were absolute guns that would have been hard to drop. Hahn last year and Eagle were probably the two that stood out a bit though.)

I think it's actually the right way to go about development -- have young players come in around a hardened side, so even losses are pretty close and they contribute to wins regularly, as opposed to Dean Bailey's ridiculous "we'll lose by 100 points every week for three years but wait till they grow up!" tanking strategy.
    Yes, definitely a great way of putting it Lantern. They remind me of people who buy 24-months-interest-free. “Top draft picks? Free? Really? I can just take them home??” But when you've taken home the goods, and the years have passed, you'd better have made up on the debt or the interest gets pretty bloody heavy, and before you know it you're knee-deep in shit.

Melbourne to a T at the moment.