Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 9 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If our 'best 22' our forwardline probably looks something like:

HF - Higgins, Grant, Sherman
    F - Minson, Hall, Gia

Who's spot does Walker take?
    On current form either Higgins, grant, Sherman, Minson or Gia, take your pick. He would be the perfect third tall IMO.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond really got the Bombres at a good time. If ever there was a side screaming out for a break,massively impressed with Dylan Grimes he reminds me of Dale Morris.
    Fair to say the other result was also in the cards with Brown back and Brisbane overdue for a win.I'd hazard to guess Dean Bailey is a dead man walking!Seems like a good fella, but just doesn't grab me as a coach

Post Thanks / Like

How have Essendon, Port Adelaide and Richmond not had a bye, but Gold Coast has had two?

I think the loss of Watson is similar to Hayes at the Saints. If Watson had been playing, I reckon he might have willed them over the line.

Post Thanks / Like

Loved the North jumper last night. Basically it was blue with white stripes, not a white jumper with blue stripes. The back was blue with white numbers, it just looked good.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    On current form either Higgins, grant, Sherman, Minson or Gia, take your pick. He would be the perfect third tall IMO.
    You're easily pleased if you are willing to take him instead of all of those names.

He won't play in front of Minson as he can't take his turn in the ruck.

Of the rest he would probably only play in front of Grant, but Grant has far more upside so if you are taking the long term view you play Grant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Richmond really got the Bombres at a good time. If ever there was a side screaming out for a break,massively impressed with Dylan Grimes he reminds me of Dale Morris.
    Fair to say the other result was also in the cards with Brown back and Brisbane overdue for a win.I'd hazard to guess Dean Bailey is a dead man walking!Seems like a good fella, but just doesn't grab me as a coach
    Yeah I actually picked the tigers, shame the Bombers have the bye next week as I reckon they would get pumped again.

Post Thanks / Like

You're easily pleased if you are willing to take him instead of all of those names.

He won't play in front of Minson as he can't take his turn in the ruck.

Of the rest he would probably only play in front of Grant, but Grant has far more upside so if you are taking the long term view you play Grant.
    I could say the same for you if you wouldn't. Your either being biased or haven't seen Walker playing this year.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I could say the same for you if you wouldn't. Your either being biased or haven't seen Walker playing this year.
    His numbers just don't jump out at me as a 'must have'. Averaging under 13 touches a game, 3 marks & 2 goals per game.

While he clearly he had very good games against GC & Adelaide his performances (on paper*) against Coll & Ess show a different story (just 4 touches in each)

Look he would probably just get a game ahead of Gia, but it would be very much a line ball call and seeing as though you have a preference to Walker you would go that way... others wouldn't.

* Not sure if he got injured in these games.
    Last edited by Mantis; 22-05-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Loved the North jumper last night. Basically it was blue with white stripes, not a white jumper with blue stripes. The back was blue with white numbers, it just looked good.
    What do you think of Melbourne's away jumper TCD?

It got a fair pasting on
    ABC radio yesterday.

Not sure I like it at all.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

It did look alright.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure Grant clearly has more upside and I could see Walker becoming a key target. At the moment Grant seems to be locked in more as a 3rd tall forward than as a key forward.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

You and I appear to be in agreeance on this one. And I have no bias towards Walker

Post Thanks / Like

Look he would probably just get a game ahead of Gia, but it would be very much a line ball call and seeing as though you have a preference to Walker you would go that way... others wouldn't.
    Fair enough. I'm happy in a way that Ratten is now playing him in the position he's suited to. If only he hadn't played so well in that final against the Swans there is a fair chance he would be in our forward line right now.

*I am a bit biased when it comes to Walks.
    Last edited by GVGjr; 22-05-2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: fixed quote error
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    What do you think of Melbourne's away jumper TCD?

It got a fair pasting on
    ABC radio yesterday.

Not sure I like it at all.
    It looked bloody awful!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

It looked bloody awful!
    Right. Does not look like the Ds at all.
    There are some crap away jumpers around.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus