Re: Season over

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Sometime realism isn't very popular.
    I agree.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I'd say I've been right all along. I've enjoyed each season, but I had a fair idea how it would end better than many here.

Sometime realism isn't very popular.
    Hindsight is wonderful, but this is just a celebration of failure to justify pessimism.

While I am extremely disappointed with our current position I prefer to retain a glass half full outlook rather than your glass half empty viewpoint.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Dry Rot;217141]

I'd say I've been right all along. I've enjoyed each season, but I had a fair idea how it would end better than many here.

QUOTE]

Thats an amazing attitude.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Not deliberately drop games, but deliberately getting games into the next generation and not worrying as much about the score board or ladder position.
    We must win. We have to approach each game with the mindset that we are better than them even if the odds are against us. We need young players and older players to do it.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    In 2002 we finished 2 points clear of Freo in 12th position. They had pick 3(which they traded to Brissie) and we had pick 4. We would have picked Brennan(according to Clayton) if he was available instead we ended up with Walsh. One pick can(but not always) make a hell of a difference.
    That's all well and good but once you get past say pick 3 or 4 it usually becomes a very open field, so much so that being happy to lose multiple games to claim a spot 2 picks higher is just not worth it. If the option is pick 8 with losses or pick 10 you are going to choose pick 10.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    We must win. We have to approach each game with the mindset that we are better than them even if the odds are against us. We need young players and older players to do it.
    We also need the supporters to back the team in when the shieser hits the fan
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish this week's game wasn't on at such bloody awful time. Twilight on a school night is just impossible for us.

Will just have to settle for being there in spirit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    We also need the supporters to back the team in when the shieser hits the fan
    Wearing my raincoat, ready to repel said sheiser and stick fat.