Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Season over

Post Thanks / Like

Season over

well I think we're done for the year. Not trying to be reactionary after worst loss in years but realistically following teams are a lot better than us this year:

Cats
    Pies
    Ess
    Carlton
    Wet Toast
    Freo
    Hawks

Being generous we are around the mark with:
    Swans
    Tiges
    Crows
    Saints

And better than:
    Dees
    North
    Lions
    Port
    Gold Coast

Its all very well to keep saying we've got belief and we're a top 4 side but based on this year we're not. ANd I dont mean just this week. Am I being fair and reasonable or overly pessimistic following a flogging?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: season over

Sad but true.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Play the new breed....even if they aint up to it.
    Its a right off!
    Sack Eade...plan for next year!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep!

Cant wait for 2015
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

The season was over a few weeks ago, and as good as last week's win was, it was papering over cracks.

However, I think today's brutal loss is a good thing. We can no longer fool ourselves into thinking we're better than we are. We've been doing that for too long, including last year, but we had enough talent at the top to see us through to another PF. However, this year - the field has caught up with us.

Play and develop kids. Jones has been super impressive since the Collingwood game, Libba adds a lot and I hope to see us blood Schofield, Dahlaus (sp?), Tutt, Howard and inject more games into Wallis.

This is a blessing in disguise, personally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Dahlaus (sp?)
    Dahlhaus
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

The season was over a few weeks ago, and as good as last week's win was, it was papering over cracks.

However, I think today's brutal loss is a good thing. We can no longer fool ourselves into thinking we're better than we are. We've been doing that for too long, including last year, but we had enough talent at the top to see us through to another PF. However, this year - the field has caught up with us.

Play and develop kids. Jones has been super impressive since the Collingwood game, Libba adds a lot and I hope to see us blood Schofield, Dahlaus (sp?), Tutt, Howard and inject more games into Wallis.

This is a blessing in disguise, personally.
    I don't disagree but we're going to get belted every week if we tip a bucket on the 1999-2001 guys and just play the kids.

I've reached the point where I'm not expecting to win now so I can accept getting enjoyment from watching the kids develop but I'm not sure most other supporters will.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Season over

Total utter rabble!! Honestly those pidgeons got *!*!*!*!ing closer to Kennedy!
    Please put the blow torch on media!
    Last edited by GVGjr; 22-05-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: swear filter

Post Thanks / Like

Its a very reasonable assessment T31 - the results do not lie

We have played a younger group this year and we need to continue down that path even more

We are missing some key personnel, but there is no point in pretending that a few injured players would have made the difference

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I don't disagree but we're going to get belted every week if we tip a bucket on the 1999-2001 guys and just play the kids.

I've reached the point where I'm not expecting to win now so I can accept getting enjoyment from watching the kids develop but I'm not sure most other supporters will.
    I wouldn't drop all of them. Hargrave, Murphy and one of Gilbee/Gia to keep playing.

It means that Cross & one of Gilbee/Gia step aside. Murphy can still switch between back and forward, so it gives us flexibility in a sense if we wish to bring in a forward (Veszpremi? Dahlhaus?) or a back (Howard? Schofield?) or a mid (Tutt?).

Alternating is a good option, too. Bringing them all in once would be risky, but introducing Howard and Tutt over a 6 week span (Eg. 3 weeks each on average) would be worthwhile.

I think it's idiocy to continue playing all of Hargrave, Gia, Gilbee, Murphy, Boyd, Cross and Hudson.

It's extremely unfortunate that Roughead got injured.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton31 View Post
    Cats
    Pies
    Ess
    Carlton
    Wet Toast
    Freo
    Hawks

Being generous we are around the mark with:
    Swans
    Tiges
    Crows
    Saints

And better than:
    Dees
    North
    Lions
    Port
    Gold Coast

Am I being fair and reasonable or overly pessimistic following a flogging?
    Glass half full, giving hope response?
    According to this above, all we have to do is finish at the top of the "we are around the mark with" group. Which would snag a finals spot then pull a 1998 Adelaide Crows type finals form.
    Who would have thought the 1998 crows would have matched it with the Dogs/North of that year???

Post Thanks / Like

Its also frustrating that we traded for three players on the off season and two of them are running around for Williamstown.

If we thought they would be good for the club, why the hell dont we play them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petergm View Post
    Its also frustrating that we traded for three players on the off season and two of them are running around for Williamstown.

If we thought they would be good for the club, why the hell dont we play them?
    I think thats a bit unfair - we got vez for everitt who wasnt getting a game in our team and vez is just back from broken finger. Djerkurra cost us a pack of chips - wouldnt have got anything better with that draft pick.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's idiocy to continue playing all of Hargrave, Gia, Gilbee, Murphy, Boyd, Cross and Hudson.

It's extremely unfortunate that Roughead got injured.
    Yes, Yes and Yes, but for me Gilbee, Croos and Huddo are the one to go, apart from one game Gilbee has done nothing, Cross (As much as I love the guy) his day has come the future is now! and Huddo giuys play Roughy/ Minson, Cordy we need to make a change down at the kennel and the time is now!
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Eade has to go he has lost the players .With G.W.S coming in i would trade Higgins and try and get get one of their 16 year old picks .
    They get 5 and the will all be guns. Higgins is an injury or accident away from not playing get him out and at least get something while he still has currency STACK AND HILL have to go both a waste trade them for what every you can get.
    Play all the the kids that might make it and i would even offer up Lake he obviously does not respect the dogs with the shape he has turned up this year get something while we still can i'm a very disappointed life long doggies supporter enough is enough .
    WE NEED TO MAKE TOUGH DECISION SAKE THE COACH