Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Open letter to Western Bulldog Members and Fans

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    My worry is Rocket stated the players did not follow instructions, are the players over Rockets coaching?
    Agree - major concern. But if "they" (as it seems endemic) have the lattitude to simply ignore instructions without serious repercusions then will they listen to any coach? Has Lake, who I love 95% of the time and want to punch 5% of the time, set a trend here? We were ALL about the tackle count, forward pressure, blah blah preseason and I'm yet to see much of it. Sack the buggers who won't fight and obey team instructions and let's have a look at some of the young fella's. You wanta wear these colours - you've gotta respect them and the club leadership.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    Didn't we pretty much watch our players do that on Sunday.....
    With 14 games to go, I am not convinced.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Blimey supporters would have had an open letter every week in the Royce Hart debacle!
    Logical response I would have thought, members are of the utmost importance these days.
    Now it's up to the playing group only

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So your happy to throw away the rest of the season.
    A waste would be not to get games into our next generation players, do you think we can win the flag with this team? . This season is shot and quite a number of our players are too. We need to start focusing on 2012 and beyond.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Yes Yes we know. Smorgo eats red, white and blue fruit loops for breakfast, in his Brad Johnson, 300 game Memorial boxer shorts.
    Now there's a mental image whilst I eat my cereal!

I must admit Jeff Kennett did spring to mind when I saw that letter, but IMHO (as others have said) it was a good pre-emptive move.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    A waste would be not to get games into our next generation players, do you think we can win the flag with this team? . This season is shot and quite a number of our players are too. We need to start focusing on 2012 and beyond.
    Agreed Chef. This team of players has missed the boat. Time to look forward. Nothing negative in that as far as I am concerned.

We do not need to throw the baby out with the bathwater though. I see it that where there is a line ball selection decision you simply err on the side of youth. Also implement a regimented rotation system so we get games into as many kids as possible while they have the protection of a solid core of senior players around them.

Post Thanks / Like

I liked the fact that the club gave a reaction. If we lost like that and I heard nothing from the club about the fact that they seething, then I would be seething.