Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Open letter to Western Bulldog Members and Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Thats when your leaders are supposed to step up. The game has passed a number of them, we need to retire the likes of Huddo, Cross, Gia, Gilbee and Hall over the course of the year.
    Thats alot of experience to lose in one season, I just dont see any other way we can move forward.
    The retirement must be measured and logical so that we have suitable replacements.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The retirement must be measured and logical so that we have suitable replacements.
    Do that, and the pain will be longer. We need do it now otherwise the likes of Griffen and Cooney will be at the twilight of their careers.

Post Thanks / Like

Do that, and the pain will be longer. We need do it now otherwise the likes of Griffen and Cooney will be at the twilight of their careers.
    So your happy to throw away the rest of the season.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Im saying over the course of the remainder of the season replace the veterans with the likes of Roughy, Wallis, Schofield, Dahlhaus, Howard, Cordy and Vespa

Post Thanks / Like

Im saying over the course of the remainder of the season replace the veterans with the likes of Roughy, Wallis, Schofield, Dahlhaus, Howard, Cordy and Vespa
    That will give us 16 players with less than 50 games average and over ten with less than 20. Would be an interesting season, probably similar to the SUNS.

I very much doubt we will see them alll in together. However, if you mean they come in and out and get a game here and there, why not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    An open letter to David Smorgon

Dear D. S.

Delighted to get your letter. I hope my multiple calls to the switchboard did not overwhelm the wonderful staff at Whitten oval. The receptionist was awfully patient with my rantings. you may have also noticed my multiple emails of a concerned nature. So kind of you to reply.

David, I read in a recent study that many doctors now concur that Soap Operas have a positive affect on people's health. It's true!
    The research says that in being engrossed by them, people feel a sense of familiarity with the characters, a sense of belonging is created and people also take on the actors as ' imaginary friends', helping to underpin a sense of security in our humble lives! Imagine that!!.

So it's of no surprise that Football clubs affect us humble members in the same way. I am at one with the players. I know every stat, all the ins and outs and I am ENGROSSED.

In my imaginary world, I go for a jog with Crossy in the morning and lift a few weights with Barry in the evening. All in my head mind you. When Bob pumps his fist with trademark grin, I like to pretend that he's doing it just for the pleasure of us members and little ol' me.

Nutty as hell Davo, I know, but I kid you not.

So David, you can imagine what a 120+ pasting does to my internal workings . It makes me cranky, like an old man who got skipped by meals on wheels. The button on the photocopier becomes a punching bag and all my co-workers wonder if there's been a death in my family. Well David, in a sense, there has.

On my run today, all my imaginary, normally red white and blue friends were sort of gray, pink and a faded bluey crappy colour.

Crossy was trying to run, unsmiling, wearing two left boots. Barry sulked around the gloomy gym, grinding his teeth, walking stick in hand, looking for his dentures. Callan ward was wearing curlers in his hair.....

David....my internal world is falling apart! AM I GOING MAD???

Please David, for the sake of my mental health, my internal wellbeing and sense of security....we MUST beat the living bjesus out of Hawthorn this week or surely they will have to come for me in the straight jacket

Oh, Do they have red white and blue straightjackets for sale at Whitten Oval David?

Dogged-ly yours

Ghostly Dawg
    Thank you GD ... I needed a good laugh this week
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

In all seriousness, I applaud Smorgon and his open letter. Something official had to be said, and this was a dignified yet positive response.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was purely to address the media and stop them from camping out at Whitten Oval.

A pre-emptive strike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    I think it was purely to address the media and stop them from camping out at Whitten Oval.

A pre-emptive strike.
    or the fans storming down there and tearing apart the $30 million renovations.

Post Thanks / Like

My worry is Rocket stated the players did not follow instructions, are the players over Rockets coaching?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    The Whale lost me at Richmond
    lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post

A pre-emptive strike.
    I think he is purely doing his job. What else was he ever going to say? This is a stock, template response to a shalacking.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I think he is purely doing his job. What else was he ever going to say? This is a stock, template response to a shalacking.
    How are ya 1eye?

Yes Yes we know. Smorgo eats red, white and blue fruit loops for breakfast, in his Brad Johnson, 300 game Memorial boxer shorts. What else is he gonna say?

But in suggesting it's a template response, you are implying that there could be a better response. Put yourself in Smorgo's hush puppies for a moment. Could he have written anything else?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    I've never seen an open letter from a club president apologising for a performance in a home and away game before, which suggests how terrible we must have been. It was a real shock to the system when I saw the final score. We Dogs fans are a hardy breed, but boy they don't make it easy, do they. It's hard to know where to go from here, or even how to react to such an outlier of a result. I guess all we can do as supporters/members is to wait in hope for a better showing next week.
    Jeff Kennett's done it several times.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1225902921701
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't we pretty much watch our players do that on Sunday.....