Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: James Fantasia

Post Thanks / Like

Re: James Fantasia

Joel Hamling playing for Claremont over the 7 games his stat average is

Gm-7 Disp- 12.7 Kck- 6.0 Mrk- 3.0 Hbl- 6.7 Tkl- 1.7 Gls- 0.4 Bhd- 0.3 F/F- 0.6 F/A- 0.4 H/O- 10.4 In50- 1.7

As far as I,m concerned he is a better long term prospect than the WA Under-18 first ruckman Myles Bolger 199cm 80kg , GWS are likely to pick him up despite the fact he missed a large part of last season with a navicular break in his foot

For the WA Under-18 side Joel is being used as the third tall at HF , it's a new role for him and hasn,t let the coach down

As I said , one to watch for Mr Dalrymple

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Good call. Maybe a Staker type third tall etc to take advantage of match ups.
    Requires us to play 2 better tall forwards and we don't seem to have those at the moment.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

In light of today's events, want to bump the sentiment in the the OP in this thread.

Fantasia needs to come under more scrutiny for his role in our messy season.
    IMO any coach would have suffered similar losses this year, given our list and circumstances.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    In light of today's events, want to bump the sentiment in the the OP in this thread.

Fantasia needs to come under more scrutiny for his role in our messy season.
    IMO any coach would have suffered similar losses this year, given our list and circumstances.
    I think it's naive to place such a vast majority of the list management issues blame on Fantasia. This isn't an auto one is wrong, the other is right scenario IMO. I want Eade there ahead of him but as long as things are done in the right manner, I think it's a good decision to have both out of the club at the year's end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I think it's naive to place such a vast majority of the list management issues blame on Fantasia. This isn't an auto one is wrong, the other is right scenario IMO. I want Eade there ahead of him but as long as things are done in the right manner, I think it's a good decision to have both out of the club at the year's end.
    Fantasia is part of the internal review. I doubt he's going to give himself the arse.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Fantasia is part of the internal review. I doubt he's going to give himself the arse.
    For some reason I thought he was part of the coaching review only and separate to the footy department review?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    For some reason I thought he was part of the coaching review only and separate to the footy department review?
    He might be, but what a ridiculous notion. A bloke can influence the sacking of a coach, then get sacked himself.

What a rabble.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep I know. It's way I am saying I agree with the decision but not how it was made. Fantasia reminds me of Richmond.

Post Thanks / Like

He might be, but what a ridiculous notion. A bloke can influence the sacking of a coach, then get sacked himself.

What a rabble.
    Yep.

Post Thanks / Like

What a rabble.
    Totally agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post

Why? He is the general manager of football operations.
    Things have not been done in the right manner. That's what's so frustrating.

How is it possible to have an objective coaching panel without any kind of external objectivity?
    and in reference to the OP, what has fantasia done for us?

Just like Melbourne, the coach carries the can while the people in the background , schwab, fantasia, get to keep their jobs.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by West-Dog View Post
    Well James , can you please keep an eye on Joel Hamling the current West Australian Under 18 Ruckman , 194cm 80kg , technically good tap work , clean possessions off the ground , kicked 5 goals in the last two matches of the National Under-18 Championship

Have you seen Joel play?

Technically good tap work? Give me a break. He is a kid from Broome and is raw as raw can be...my goodness, the kid has some athletic potential but keep in mind he played in the u18 champs as a 19yo and if the likes of Kersten and McInnes were available wouldn't have played at all.

Rookie selection (and I would take the chance) but go into it knowing he will need a rookie contract extension because 2 years on the list will not be long enough to get him ready.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Our trade week work from 2005 to 2008 was outstanding under the stewardship of Scott Clayton/Rocket. Getting Aker for pick 34 (ridiculous steal at the time as his on-field output proved), doing whatever it took to offload Rawlings and salary cap space off our books, picking up McDougall for 2 minor pick downgrades (it didn't work out but it was creative thinking and cost bugger-all to do), establishing Ben Hudson's trade value at between pick 22 (our current pick at the time) and 30 and then ensuring that we had a pick 30 to give to Adelaide for Hudson (we did this with some crafty pick exchanges with West Coast that allowed us to upgrade our picks in almost every round of that draft), McMahon for pick 19 (nuff said), not being shy about trading away fringe players like Sam Power and Shane Birss for lower picks (I guess Fantasia would think these guys were top 20 picks in that draft year as well ).

I certainly don't have any level of comfort in trade week under Fantasia's guidance, nor has he given me any reason to have any.
    We shouldn't be happy with either Clayton or Fantasia.The inability of Clayton to identify strong big key players apart from Lake is well known. The inability to identify Hudson 3 years earlier when at Werribee was a grave error. As was the Pods who had been highly recommended to the MC, when playing with Werribee. Using Malthouse as a good example ultimately it should be the senior coach who has final responsibility for recruitment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    We shouldn't be happy with either Clayton or Fantasia.The inability of Clayton to identify strong big key players apart from Lake is well known.
    Please don't confuse the role of list management & recruiter.

Clayton's record as a recruiter was hit & miss, his record as a list manager was outstanding.

The inability to identify Hudson 3 years earlier when at Werribee was a grave error.
    Our then coach Peter Rohde was the person who didn't want Hudson, Clayton & his recruiters rated him.

As was the Pods who had been highly recommended to the MC, when playing with Werribee. Using Malthouse as a good example ultimately it should be the senior coach who has final responsibility for recruitment.
    Pods was overlooked by everyone year after year, not just us.

The senior coach cannot have the final say as they don't have time to see all potential players in action, it's the recruiter who lives and dies by his selections and has to make the call.

Post Thanks / Like

You can add Barlow(Freo), Faukls, Curnow to that list as well. For heaven sake, didnt Barlow train with us for 2 pre-screenings and we missed him ?