Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eade keen to stay a Dog

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I still can't see the logic in your proposal that he should be signed up now for 2 more years. At what point would your unwavering support potentially start to place more conditions on his re-appointment?

My preference is to work through whatever challenges we have to get this team back on track and have Eade re-signed again but in a contract year for the coach and with the team under performing we just can't ignore the need to explore our options.
    Firstly you can't judge a coaches record based on just one year. Yes its a contract year and the focus is on the club with contstant media speculation, wankers like Aker bringing it up, radio talkback, forums etc etc all calling for the axe every time we lose. Its not just this week with the massive loss, its each time we lose. ok, if we just keep winning we don't get the pressure, but its eveident now with injuries to key players, the kids have to play which means there is going to be pain. Supporters are sympathetic to this, they just want to keep seeing wins.

My logic is two fold

1. A reappointment with a an assistant that will be mentored helps to alleviate the pressure externally on the club, the players and the football department.

2. We then have the luxury of introducing a coach who has been mentored and isnot completely untried.

You can argue with that but it was just a suggestion.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Firstly you can't judge a coaches record based on just one year. Yes its a contract year and the focus is on the club with contstant media speculation, wankers like Aker bringing it up, radio talkback, forums etc etc all calling for the axe every time we lose. Its not just this week with the massive loss, its each time we lose. ok, if we just keep winning we don't get the pressure, but its eveident now with injuries to key players, the kids have to play which means there is going to be pain. Supporters are sympathetic to this, they just want to keep seeing wins.

My logic is two fold

1. A reappointment with a an assistant that will be mentored helps to alleviate the pressure externally on the club, the players and the football department.

2. We then have the luxury of introducing a coach who has been mentored and isnot completely untried.

You can argue with that but it was just a suggestion.
    Not wanting to jump into the discussion as I'm sure you and GVG will settle it, but with regard to point 2. Why is it necessarily better for our next coach to have been an assistant coach at the Bulldogs rather someone like Neeld who's been at Collingwood for an extended period, or Sanderson who's been at Geelong and Essendon when they've been winning?

Post Thanks / Like

I think all coaches are judged on their last season, not on win/loss though, on coach player relations , is the club improving or getting worse.
    I am a big believer in sacking a coach mid season as this allows the next one to see what his list can do, who he wants, what game plan he has in mind etc.
    Of course this is only when the coach has lost all faith or they know they wont be there the next year, also depends on if you have the takeover coach organized.
    This post is not a go at Rocket or the club it is a general thought on when coaches should be given the sack.
    I think if there is no response this week in the Hawks game and we get thrashed its not a good sign as the players are not responding to Rocket anymore, we are playing a lot of newbies which is good, I just wish the club would come out and say we are rebuilding this would stop the press harrassing us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Not wanting to jump into the discussion as I'm sure you and GVG will settle it, but with regard to point 2. Why is it necessarily better for our next coach to have been an assistant coach at the Bulldogs rather someone like Neeld who's been at Collingwood for an extended period, or Sanderson who's been at Geelong and Essendon when they've been winning?
    If they can slot straight in thats fine.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.