Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Howitzer - LG MK II

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    How good is it to see a left-footer in the side, playing on a wing with a penettrating roost on him? We will see a lot more of him. I reckon there might have been one Recruitment Manager who slept well last night

While on the subject of kicking I thought Hawthorn were outstanding yesterday, better than any side I have seem for a long time. It was only when they went off the boil with their kicks that we were able to get back in the game.
    Yeah I thought we lifted a bit of pressure on the ball carrier (or actually put pressure on the ball carrier) that started causing them to spray a few of their kicks. Their kicking was sublime yesterday.

Is it any coincidence that we were once an elite kicking team, Leon Cameron goes to Hawthorn and now they are elite and we are crap?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Leon Cameron goes to Hawthorn and now they are elite and we are crap?
    I think you'll find they were a very skillful kicking side well before Leon Cameron got there.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

neddie Guest

Thumbs up Re: The Howitzer - LG MK II

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Those two laser kicks over about 50m to Lake and Hall were brilliant. Too bad they didn't finish off this good work.

He also tried to do the team thing and square a ball rather than having a ping from 50.

Good signs, though. The commentators were quite complimentary.
    Yeah...good left foot and straight reliable kicker to his target

Post Thanks / Like

Seems to be playing well within his capabilities - took a few short options against St Kilda.

Once he gets a few more games under his belt and the gain in confidence that comes with it we'll see him unleash the left boot a bit more.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

he does balance himself very well before he kicks. Trying to not hype him up too much as that's what happened to Gillbee and every time they would start touting him as an elite kicker on TV, he'd shank the thing.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus