Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Stars too injured, overrated, says former teammate Jason Akermanis

I don't care about Aker & think most of this article is garbage, but thought i would highlight one part. Given the recent discussion on this forum about Tom, it's interesting comments from Aker.

Sam Edmund
    May 28, 2011

"Tommy Williams has always been restricted by one man and that's Tommy Williams' mind and it's unfortunate because he's got the physical talent, but eventually Tommy has to say, 'I'm good enough here'. He's never believed that and until he does, forget it."

Link

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stars too injured, overrated, says former teammate Jason Akermanis

More interested in who leaked the cracked patella to him if it is true.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps it has been an issue from before he was sacked.

As for the article, don't disagree on Higgins, ATM. Might be OK on the training track, but for a leadership player to be regularly out, isn't good.

Very interesting he called Campbell Rose "their best leader ever"...didn't think Aker would've said that about Rose after their stoush on the Footy Show.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    It's been a problem since the finals in 2008, he's having ongoing problems because of it. Aker was around when it happened.

Post Thanks / Like

Is he still mates with Morris? That would cause big internal problems if your thinking what im thinking. Surely not, he seems too pure! Fragile is an interesting choice of words to describe Higgins.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Very interesting he called Campbell Rose "their best leader ever"...didn't think Aker would've said that about Rose after their stoush on the Footy Show.
    Had he still been at the Bulldogs it would have been the opposite. He'd say the same thing about Eade if he wasn't there or Smorgan, both according to him should be gone.

I said in another thread that he did bring up some good points but it's cancelled out by all the other shit that he spins every week. The whole 30 minutes of that segment he threw mud at the WB and see if any of it sticks. Sadly Joe Public take this little worms word as gospel and that mud does stick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    It's been a problem since the finals in 2008, he's having ongoing problems because of it. Aker was around when it happened.
    Cheers, I thought this one was different.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish it was.

Post Thanks / Like

He's a moron, but his article has merit on Higgins, Williams and probably Cooney. It seems as though Adam will never be able to return to his form of 2008, which is a great shame and a huge blow for any chances of success we may have in the future. Hopefully he can somehow get that knee right.

His comments on Gia are stupid.

Not sure on Lake - the word 'unprofessional' has been bandied about a fair bit lately, and not just by Akermanis. I hope Lake responds soon in the way of form.

Post Thanks / Like

Gia is the sort of player easy to knock because he does a lot of the 'unsexy' stuff ( to quote D. Commetti ) , goal assists, etc
    The thing is, 70% of the AFL is made up of 'good, ordinary players'. What's wrong with being a good, ordinary player? You need them.

Aker, the Darren Hynch of AFL. For us you were a wishy washy player, prone to distract and distraction. I'd settle for a team of good, ordinary players with a few reiable stars, who get the job done, anyday.

Will say this though. Shaun Higgins. Probably too young to be in the leadership group.
    If ever there was a player, oozing with potential, at a club crying out for champions, it's Shaun Higgins. At times, it's very frustrating.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Gia is the sort of player easy to knock because he does a lot of the 'unsexy' stuff ( to quote D. Commetti ) , goal assists, etc
    The thing is, 70% of the AFL is made up of 'good, ordinary players'. What's wrong with being a good, ordinary player? You need them.

Aker, the Darren Hynch of AFL. For us you were a wishy washy player, prone to distract and distraction. I'd settle for a team of good, ordinary players with a few reiable stars, who get the job done, anyday.

Will say this though. Shaun Higgins. Probably too young to be in the leadership group.
    If ever there was a player, oozing with potential, at a club crying out for champions, it's Shaun Higgins. At times, it's very frustrating.
    Fair point regarding the high number of good ordinary players in which Gia is. It's when supporters go hard at him and unfairly label him soft and crap, that's when some tend to overrate him when defending him.
    He had played 200 games, a great achievement in today's footy!

Post Thanks / Like

Aker reminds me in many ways of Mark Latham.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

He makes Mark Latham look normal.
    I don't think Gia is a star I'd go with what Dermie said Gia being capable as a player
    Unfortunately Jason's right re. Higgins, I'd like to make a judgement when he can string games together.

Post Thanks / Like

"Adam cracked a kneecap in 2008; it was a bit more than a crack, he chipped the bone off the side," he said.

"He had the operation to take that bone out so there's no crack there. What his problem is is still the patella; it's still kneecap but the cartilage gets flaked because there's no rounded edge in that end of the kneecap to protect his cartilage.

"Unfortunately there were a lot of mis-facts [in the video], as we'd imagine, when there's a tainted view and a blurred vision."

From http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...1/default.aspx

Aker is like Mark Latham. He has written a nasty book about his former mates, he isn't spoken to by any of his former colleagues/friends, doesn't know whats going on and he now makes a living from taking cheap pot shots from afar via the media.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd also like to punch Sam Edmund in the mouth. Can't stand that smug little prick.