Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round #11 Match Committee

Hall looks a certain out and the news report indicated Gilbee was very likely to be dropped. As much as I want Higgins to join them, I think the MC will give him another go due to a few senior players already being out.

They dropped Hudson and Grant after the WC and Gilbee (with Hall injured) seems a rational way of dealing with the senior player issues. As long as they drop Higgins if he doesn't do the right things against the Cats, I will will be happy.

I mentioned Grant earlier. He survived in the senior side for awhile due to his talent and he was/should have been dropped due to his lack of application. He kicked 4 for Willy but reports mentioned he was magical at times but his application was again rather poor. I really hope he doesn't get his spot back because if he does, what was the actual point of dropping him in the first place?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Geelong will be a hard task, I think we need some strong bodies for the contest. If there are to be any changes I wouldn't go overboard, Hall maybe as he maybe injured.

I would keep Lake in a hope to God he can only get better and find form, we could bring in Mulligan for Hall and send Lake to CHF with Jones deep forward and rotate Lake and Jones through the course of the game.

We keep the same ruck setup and have Williams rest in the pocket.

Gilbee could make way for Dahlhaus or Djerrkura
    I might get close with my selections this week.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Reports are that cooney is possible but Hall doubtfall. Fantasia said there is a chance for Dollhouse and Barlow to be called up and elevated off the rookie list
    Excellent news but who is looking like the long term players out, I have heard Hall is out for at least 6 weeks.....It's looking like Johno all over again! did we kill a black cat?
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Mulligan would be a good match up for Pods and hopefully it frees up Lake to do his Scarlet/Fletcher thing marshalling the defensive group. Also frees up Morris to take a dangerous Geelong small (like a Stokes type). Lake's clearly not physically capable of clamping down on a key forward target (not that Geelong are flushed with them at the moment).
    Yes but the papers are all writing about Cam Mooney so i would expect him to come out all guns blazing after the weeks media stating his gone!
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    No chance.

It seems like Mulligan is coming in to free up Williams to play in the 2nd ruck role.

I really hope we rest Shaggy and Cooney. I know it's pessimistic but we are no chance to beat the Cats. Our fixture gets easier after that and I hope we use the Cats game to help building us for the following 5 games.
    So why is Mulligan being played ahead of Markovic? Is it just a case of wanting to give Mulligan exposure to AFL level, or rewarding his good form? If it's just rewarding good form, has his form actually been better than Markovic?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    So why is Mulligan being played ahead of Markovic? Is it just a case of wanting to give Mulligan exposure to AFL level, or rewarding his good form? If it's just rewarding good form, has his form actually been better than Markovic?
    I believe it is about pace. Mulligan is reported to have pace, which is the knock on Markovic.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's just me but we look to be giving kids a go and trying some up and comers in different positions. Tom may just turn out to be an effective swingman, if he isn't doing the job down back send him forward or even into the ruck. Good on Mulli I hope he can provide an option, at least it's adding to our depth.

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance Mulligan will also provide a chop-out in the ruck? By all accounts he has done so in the past (albeit Willy seconds).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    How do you think Ben Jolley would go?

I think we need to face facts, we're declining quickly and it's worth finding out a bit about our young kids rather than waiting until next season.
    Agree with your observations and I would be pleased to see Libba, Howard Wallis retained
    together with Mulligan coming in on debut. We simply went into the Hawthorn game without a game plan. I cannot recall seeing 3 opposition defenders in Guerra, Birchall and Gibson with either 30 or 30 plus disposals and most of them on their own before.What was our MC thinking. In all the proposed team selections I have seen on Woof this week not one has included Hudson who is still our best ruckman in spite of recent improvement by Minson. Minson gave us something in attack against Richmond with 4 goals. Williams effots as a second ruckman last week was deplorable.
    Can we expect Minson to take the ruck on his own? Not in today's modern football I would suggest. I have selected the following line up against Geelong, which I believe will at least make us a competitive unit. I would like two of Robert Murphy, one to play forward and one down back, but we do know that is not possible. We will continue to perform poorly whilst we continue to not pinpoint players on the lead when going forward. The team has been selected for a purpose, for example Lake to support Williams, Morris likewise with Mulligan and Murphy similarly with Jones. I have left out Cooney, Hargrave, Hall and Reid on the understanding that they are injured and dropped Gilbee who apart from the Richmond game is sadly out of form.

Backs Picken Lake Williams
    Half backs Morris, Mulligan, Wood
    Centre Ward Cross, Hill
    Half fwds Sherman Murphy Jones
    Fwds Minson, Grant, Higgins
    Ruck Hudson, Griffen, Boyd
    Inter Giansircusa Liberatore Howard Wallis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Backs Picken Lake Williams
    Half backs Morris, Mulligan, Wood
    Centre Ward Cross, Hill
    Half fwds Sherman Murphy Jones
    Fwds Minson, Grant, Higgins
    Ruck Hudson, Griffen, Boyd
    Inter Giansircusa Liberatore Howard Wallis
    A very tall side to play against Geelong, i just can't see them having Minson and Hudson in the same side. I'd retain another small or consider playing Cooney instead of Hudson.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Team selections Video with a very lively Paul Williams - Great effort!~

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/te...5/default.aspx

bit of a rabbit in the spotlight to start, but picks up speed...and check out the professionalism with the digital whiteboard...you beauty!
    Well done to the club for putting that up.
    Get well soon Rodney Rocket.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus