Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaun Higgins

Post Thanks / Like

Shaun Higgins

Maybe this shouldn't have it's own thread or be merged but what do we do with this guy? I loved his work when he first came to the club, he looked like such a brave kid and had all the tools. He has been an monumental disappointment.

He has been a whipping boy of mine this season and I must say I lost it today at him. I read a comment from a poster on here who said his game looked good on TV. It is so typical of Shaun. Never seen a player who looks so much better on TV.

For those of you who went today, how often did he point for others to pick up his opponent? I have never seen a player do it as much as he did today. At one point he even moved on to pointing for others to pick up another team mate's opponent, the distraction lead him to losing his opponent who got an uncontested mark!

He is an absolute down hill skier. He is like a Jamacian when there's defensive work to be done and like a Kenyan when a cheap goal is on offering.

Do we drop him for next week? I think overall he helps us to be competitive but he not only fails to provide us with leadership, he actually sends the wrong message to the kids. I think he has to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shaun Higgins

I have made my feelings on him known in the MC thread.

As someone who also enjoys watching Higgins I too was embarrassed by his performance today.

He needs to be dropped and I firmly believe that the MC need to make a stand with our so called leaders who refuse to do the basics... they are teaching our kids the wrong things... The fact that Higgo berates our young guys doesn't help either.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen any of today's game so I can't comment. Having said that, I've always found Rocco to be a pretty good judge of this game, so if that's what he says happened then I'll believe it, and if that's whats happened then he needs to be sent a very very clear message. That's just not good enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    The fact that Higgo berates our young guys doesn't help either.
    He needs to find some form and work ethic at Williamstown but I'm not sure what this part of your posts means?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I have made my feelings on him known in the MC thread.

As someone who also enjoys watching Higgins I too was embarrassed by his performance today.

He needs to be dropped and I firmly believe that the MC need to make a stand with our so called leaders who refuse to do the basics... they are teaching our kids the wrong things... The fact that Higgo berates our young guys doesn't help either.
    Yes, just commented on the Match Day thread also. Our leaders need a kick up the butt, how do they expect the younger guys to play for the team/and or them when they treat them like that? I don't understand it at all.......

Post Thanks / Like

That's what worries me most about them, especially Higgins.

I know it's a massive risk to play a team full of kids but what's the point of a leader if they are teaching the wrong things? The only value I see in playing him is that he makes up a bit more competitive but he isn't going to make the difference between a belting and a competitive loss anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He needs to find some form and work ethic at Williamstown but I'm not sure what this part of your posts means?
    I think I can answer that one for Mantis.

Higgins had a go at Jones for a shabby kick, another attack on a young player for not picking up his own man so Shaun didn't have to and generally spent the day point and screaming to others where to go while his own opponents get it with ease.

Post Thanks / Like

Should be dropped but I think alternatively I would definitely be looking at his position as a leader, no bigger slap in the face then being dumped from the leadership group

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I think I can answer that one for Mantis.

Higgins had a go at Jones for a shabby kick, another attack on a young player for not picking up his own man so Shaun didn't have to and generally spent the day point and screaming to others where to go while his own opponents get it with ease.
    Thanks, After re-reading things I worked it out.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post

He also gave it to Libba on more than one occassion.

Post Thanks / Like

Was watching through the glasses and like OP was struck by how much pointing he was doing. Also saw that the other players just seem to ignore him. By contrast I saw Bob giving Reid some instructions and Reid was straight onto it.

Hiiggins is playing like its his first year all over again. Maybe its his confidence. Not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

He also gave it to Libba on more than one occassion.
    Oh so ironic too. Libba is more of a 'leader' than Shaun IMO. Libba did have a stinker but a show pony getting into his ear won't help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shorty View Post
    Was watching through the glasses and like OP was struck by how much pointing he was doing. Also saw that the other players just seem to ignore him. By contrast I saw Bob giving Reid some instructions and Reid was straight onto it.

Hiiggins is playing like its his first year all over again. Maybe its his confidence. Not sure.
    Murphy has been one of the few shinning lights this year and you would listen to him as for Higgins if he was in the top 5 on the team you might listen also but at the moment he's not demanding respect.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Will the MC take a stand against a senior player who is in the leadership group?

If it does, we are moving in the right direction.

If I had to choose between Ward and Higgins leaving and going to GWS, I know which one I would choose to leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post
    If I had to choose between Ward and Higgins leaving and going to GWS, I know which one I would choose to leave.
    I think we should give GWS compensation to take Higgins. He is nowhere near Ward.

Higgins is a leader on paper only. In reality, he does more harm than good as a 'leader'.