Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaun Higgins

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shaun Higgins

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Maybe this shouldn't have it's own thread or be merged but what do we do with this guy? I loved his work when he first came to the club, he looked like such a brave kid and had all the tools. He has been an monumental disappointment.
    No, this shouldn't have its own thread. There is a thread for Higgins bashing every week.

Monumental disappointment? Name me five bulldogs to have had a bigger impact in their first 50 games in the last decade. Bet you can't.

He has been a whipping boy of mine this season and I must say I lost it today at him. I read a comment from a poster on here who said his game looked good on TV. It is so typical of Shaun. Never seen a player who looks so much better on TV.
    Defensively, maybe. Offensively at the game you have the chance to see his vision where you can't on the TV.

For those of you who went today, how often did he point for others to pick up his opponent? I have never seen a player do it as much as he did today. At one point he even moved on to pointing for others to pick up another team mate's opponent, the distraction lead him to losing his opponent who got an uncontested mark!
    As a Bulldogs player, I reckon he knows a bit more about the team's defensive instructions than you RJ, and if another teammate fails to follow said structure, making Higgo have to direct him, that is that player's fault.

Do we drop him for next week? I think overall he helps us to be competitive but he not only fails to provide us with leadership, he actually sends the wrong message to the kids. I think he has to go.
    Nup, he was again better than half the team and is one of the few players who still makes things happen. When he, Ward, Griffen and Sherman combined from half back to half forward it was our best play for the night.

Post Thanks / Like

Would recommend we drop him. Incredibly frustrating player that really doesn't deserve the amount of 'credits in the bank' Eade has given him. Petulant display today, so much for being a future captain.

Post Thanks / Like

Why is it as soon as the truth is talked about here the old "scapegoat" tripe gets thrown around. It's almost like that cringeworthy "Un Australian" crap gets trotted out!
    Higgins was awful and has been for a while, he just isn't intensity or effort in his game.
    He's lazy and the only stat he won today was the finger pointing variety.
    Watch the game instead of looking through bulldog goggles

Post Thanks / Like

The pointing is the main reason I was against Boyd being made captain. I haven't been able to see many games this year (probably fortunately) so if he has improved in this area I apologise for bringing it up.

Post Thanks / Like

I must say we all know he has the goods and wish he could be 100% fit and on the park, for me he doesn't look fit still and I would leave him in the team but leave him to only play as a FP were he has a direct opponent, I don't think he should play in the middle as he runs the other way to his opponent and that hurt us today.
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Why is it as soon as the truth is talked about here the old "scapegoat" tripe gets thrown around. It's almost like that cringeworthy "Un Australian" crap gets trotted out!
    Higgins was awful and has been for a while, he just isn't intensity or effort in his game.
    He's lazy and the only stat he won today was the finger pointing variety.
    Watch the game instead of looking through bulldog goggles
    I'm surprised we haven't been told that he is injured yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    He also gave it to Libba on more than one occassion.
    Maybe he was teaching him
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Shaun had a very promising pre season, one of our better performers through the period.
    There's a stark difference with Shaun's movement in January to what we are seeing now.

He really is getting no power out of his legs and it appears very reminiscent of his OP & thyroid flair up from last year.

What we are seeing I fear is a player vey frustrated with his own body, who mentally is trying to push through it but physically is incapable of doing so.

I'd like to cut him some slack here as it really looks like it is body which has failed him again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Maybe he was teaching him
    I agree!

'Hey Tom, your role to work hard so jets like me and Gia can shine! I am a leader, it says so on this badge Rocket gave me.'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    What we are seeing I fear is a player vey frustrated with his own body, who mentally is trying to push through it but physically is incapable of doing so.
    Exactly how I see it. The question remains though - is an 80% fit Higgins better than the next option as a HF/high forward player?

I'd be loathe to throw Dalhaus to the wolves by making him debut against Geelong at Skilled but he seems a lively type who coudl play at senior level this year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Exactly how I see it. The question remains though - is an 80% fit Higgins better than the next option as a HF/high forward player?

I'd be loathe to throw Dalhaus to the wolves by making him debut against Geelong at Skilled but he seems a lively type who coudl play at senior level this year.
    The problem I have is that he only looks injured when he has to work hard defensively. Whatever the problem, it sets a terrible example to the kids. I hate throwing kids to the wolves but what choice do you have when your senior players are actually destructive as leaders?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to cut him some slack here as it really looks like it is body which has failed him again.
    I think that would be OK if it were a one off but this is now the 3rd? season in a row where his body has failed him. He has to learn when not to play because he does cost the team rather badly when he is like it. We've all seen his potential and he seems like a good guy and I'm certain everyone would like to see him succeed at the dogs but.....

Post Thanks / Like

Shaun had a very promising pre season, one of our better performers through the period.
    There's a stark difference with Shaun's movement in January to what we are seeing now.

He really is getting no power out of his legs and it appears very reminiscent of his OP & thyroid flair up from last year.

Regarding the denigration of him in this thread, I'd like to cut him some slack here as it really looks like it is body which has failed him again.
    I agree!

'Hey Tom, your role to work hard so jets like me and Gia can shine! I am a leader, it says so on this badge Rocket gave me.'
    You know what Rocco, you can learn how to post by reading Doc26's post, not this rubbish you dish out.

I know your saying it in jest but I know you mean what you are saying.

Higgings is not playing well and deserves to be dropped.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You know what Rocco, you can learn how to post by reading Doc26's post, not this rubbish you dish out.

I know your saying it in jest but I know you mean what you are saying.

Higgings is not playing well and deserves to be dropped.
    What am I saying?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I actually think it would be a risk not to play someone who has obvious leg speed and an appetite to chase and tackle in our forward 50. Our key forwards created enough crumbs tonight (many times after being outnumbered 3-1) but the opposition defenders ran it out with monotinous ease (se they invariably do against us most weeks).

Dahlhaus has attributes we desperately need, so he comes in for Higgins if I was in charge of MC. Hill might get dropped but what's the point....arguably what was the point of recalling him this week in any event?