Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chris Grant lashes Akermanis

I watched the interview this morning and I thought it was very loaded question by Jon Ralph.
    To be honest Im sick of journos who ask a loaded question and when someone like Chris Grant agrees with it all of a sudden it's reported that Chris Grant says Akermanis is sad and lonely.

Ralph and Stevens have basically tried to get Chris Grant to bag a colleague of theirs.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

This was always going to be a by-product of the falling out, we need to give the general football public some credit in being able to see that Aker clearly has an axe to grind and his motives aren't innocent.

I have highlighted below the first 6 comments at the bottom of the H/S article that people have left, clearly people can see beyond Aker's hidden agenda.

J G L of Melb. Posted at 8:51 AM Today
    The Akermanis philosophy on life? ... Everyone is an idiot,except me(Akermanis).

Tom Posted at 8:58 AM Today
    What a sad individual. If Gia did not have a say in getting rid of Aker, would Aker have said Gia is a good ordinary player? The anser is no as Aker claimed Gia was a good mate of his prior to getting sacked. Sour Grapes. I would much rather here what Chris Grant has to say about the club then this miserable human being.

Mon Posted at 9:14 AM Today
    Ackermanis's problem is that he recalls discussion in private, publicly and with his view of it. Not saying that that's a bad thing, it's just he's almost unaware that these are perhaps "venting" sessions. That said, i'd say he's as honest to a fault in the modern world of squeeky clean image in the front and pandemonium out back.

Alex of Footscray Posted at 9:15 AM Today
    What will happen to your media career when you run out of stuff to say about your ex clubs Aker? Its pretty sad that MTR keep using you for a headline. In a year or two when your comments about the dogs and Lions are not relevent what will you do then? With an ability to talk Sh#t like you, i bet you end up in real estate.

heyman Posted at 9:18 AM Today
    Never been a more delusional man in the game. You almost feel sad for him.

Robert Charles of AU Posted at 9:49 AM Today
    The more Aka fades out..the louder he will scream for attention...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    S
    Like Brisbane have now managed to achieve, we now need to find a way to pass on the Akermanis baton.
    They only got to pass the "baton" by another club taking him on in an official capacity.

Post Thanks / Like

Aker belongs! the same way mosquitos belong. The comparison is a good one. Noisy, miniscule and very annoying. But, Part of the food chain.

In Buddhism, they say you need someone like this. Who gets under your skin, and brings up negative emotions, in order to practice resolve and dedication. Can't see it doing anything but bringing us together. It really just serves to remind me how much I love Chris Grant.

I'm in Hamilton at the moment, and he was around here playing for heywood. Anyone heard of Heywood? Nope, thought not. ...
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

What is also interesting we as posters are also giving Akermanis air time. (I myself have posted 3 times in this thread). Not a week goes by where we as a forum feel compiled to comment on his comments.

The real shame is the other link TCD / and someone else posted (sorry for forgetting) has had hardly any replies to it and it was a brilliant piece of audio.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What is also interesting we as posters are also giving Akermanis air time. (I myself have posted 3 times in this thread). Not a week goes by where we as a forum feel compiled to comment on his comments.

The real shame is the other link TCD / and someone else posted (sorry for forgetting) has had hardly any replies to it and it was a brilliant piece of audio.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I for one would be very happy to make this an "Aker Free" Forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    I take on board what you are all saying about Chris giving Aker mileage, but in all honestey, he was just answering a question fired at him. What would we expect/like him to do - I think he is very honest and I admire him for this! Yes, he gives that dip s**t ammunition, but Aker is never going to go away! Does he (Aker) still work on that radio station (MTR = Men Talking Rubbish)? Great example of well-educated and measured commentary on lots of things there I hear! (I fess up, I have never listened to that station after hearing people talk about it!)
    Never listened to it either ,it's one of those try hard American Fox News stations

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we should have let him rot at Williamstown for the rest of the season last year (I was pro sacking and totally understand why we did this at the time). Easier said than done as he would have provided an internal distraction in our late season push for September, but the reality is that he is winning the ensuing PR battle out there now purely because he is fanning the flames via his many and varied media platforms and causing damage to the Bulldogs brand in the process. And we are being too nice to the scumbag by refusing to respond, allowing his tainted views to fester out there with no rebuttal - the media are lapping it up as he is a human headline and they trade in headlines.

Time to play dirty.
    Ha! Come off it. How is he winning anything? It'll just come back to bite him in the arse.
    You cannot WIN with a guy like Jason. Going toe to toe just gives him ammunition.
    I think all Bulldogs supporters need to take a step back and remember.
    The guy, IMO, has a mental illness, ADD or insecurity complex and I don't say this disparigingly,
    I truely believe he has some mental health issue. In light of that, no need to play dirty. It'll just stick to us.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I for one would be very happy to make this an "Aker Free" Forum.
    I understand your sentiments, but that type of approach is better left to the Bulldogs forum in the Communist Republic of China.

We new that when you choose to dance with the devil, its possible that you may get burnt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post

Spot on. He's been called irrelevant sooo many times, and yet his interviews/commentaries still gain attention.

Also interesting the comments about Granty being honest and calling it as he sees it - characteristics used as criticisms of Aker.

Yes, I know, he isn't always honest... but you get the point. Don't you???
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    I don't worry about the Aker too much. Whilst there might be some valilidity in what he says, its done with such malice that it removes any currency due to lack of objectivity.

I was more interested in the great man's view of the list and the coach. It's the most most honest assessment of the position of our list I have heard from someone connected to the club. In a lot of ways we are at the crossroads. Fo we reload and have another crack with the guys being fitter or look completely at the younger guys coming through and getting them to 30-50 games ASAP. Re: Rocket, I have been wavering a little bit on him in the last few weeks. I was getting the feeling that maybe the message is getting a little bit old, but after hearing Chris talk about him in such glowing terms, I hope we keep the faith and give him all the support he needs
    This ^^^^ in bold. Thought Chris made some very sensible and valid comments about the club and where we are at.

Post Thanks / Like

If Chris Grant seems fit to respond to Aker (he didn't have to answer that question loaded as it was he may have known it was coming) then I think its a valid response. You can't let someone attack the core of the team and not respond in my opinion. I loved Aka when he played for us, and feel quite sad its become what it is.
    I think Chris is a stronger personality than is evident in public, its starting to show now he is gaining confidence in the media. Enjoying his contribution. Best player i have ever seen just in front of the Hawk...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Jason Akermanis is a 'sad, lonely person': Chris Grant

Mark Stevens & Jon Ralph - Herald Sun - 1 June

Grant, arguably the most respected figure at the Bulldogs, let fly at Akermanis after the former star's latest attack on the club.
    ...[/COLOR][/U][/B][/COLOR][/URL]
    Not arguably, plain and simple IS !
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Not arguably, plain and simple IS !
    Ah yes, but Grant also says, he's a very likeable guy to talk to. I think the headline skews it a bit.
    Grant is fairly gentle to Aker in some ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Ah yes, but Grant also says, he's a very likeable guy to talk to. I think the headline skews it a bit.
    Grant is fairly gentle to Aker in some ways.
    And this changes Grant from being the most respected figure at the Bulldogs how ?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.