Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Rodney 'Rocket' Eade was the best coach in my time: Chris Grant

With all the hullabaloo about the Aker Comments by the Great One, it seems this sort of fell through the cracks...

Rodney 'Rocket' Eade was the best coach in my time: Chris Grant

FORMER Western Bulldogs captain Chris Grant has dubbed Rodney Eade the most influential coach in his 18 years at Whitten Oval.
    But Grant said it might be Eade and not the Bulldogs hierarchy who initiates the decision for him to move on from the club.

The 341-game legend said Eade must weigh up whether he is motivated enough to go through a partial rebuild before the Dogs again vie for the premiership.

Grant had four other senior coaches at Whitten Oval - Terry Wheeler, Alan Joyce, Terry Wallace and Peter Rohde - but told SuperFooty's Front and Square it was Eade who stood out.

Article here

High praise indeed, especially with how well Terry Wheeler is regarded and the immediate results that Wallace achieved.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rodney 'Rocket' Eade was the best coach in my time: Chris Grant

As much as I like both Rodney and Chris, I'm not sure how much weight this statement carries (despite it coming from one of the greatest to ever lace-up the boots) in that Chris also said in 02-04 that Peter Rhode was the best coach he'd played under.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post
    As much as I like both Rodney and Chris, I'm not sure how much weight this statement carries (despite it coming from one of the greatest to ever lace-up the boots) in that Chris also said in 02-04 that Peter Rhode was the best coach he'd played under.
    I think you can instantly disregard any comments about a coach you are currently playing for.

Post Thanks / Like

I must say I love having Chris Grant in the media ... When he speaks (which is not that often) people listen.

It's great having him in our corner right now !!
    WOOF Member 422