Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  16
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gary Ablett Jnr is a superior footballer to his father Ablett Snr: Malcolm Blight

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    24 shots at goal in one game. Kicked 6 on debut as a 17 yo. 118 goals in a team that wins 7 games and finishes 2nd last. 91 goals off the back of no preseason at all in 1979, 2 Colemans, a Brownlow. His career effectively over at the age of 23.

How can a player have a better career than that when he's robbed of the best 7 years then that? Wayne who? Oh Carey? Saw them both play, KT was twice the player. Without the injury and if he'd played the same amount of years that Ablett did he would have kicked 2000 goals and won 5 Brownlows.
    I think you went into that one hook line and sinker....

Most woof posters know of your love for KT. I only wish I got to see him.

You are woofs version of Nothing more certain than *Life *Death *Taxes

Twodogs = *KT *Goal kicking technique *Random story to go with majority of situations
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes Twodogs, hujsh, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gary Ablett Jnr is a superior footballer to his father Ablett Snr: Malcolm Blight

24 shots at goal in one game. Kicked 6 on debut as a 17 yo. 118 goals in a team that wins 7 games and finishes 2nd last. 91 goals off the back of no preseason at all in 1979, 2 Colemans, a Brownlow. His career effectively over at the age of 23.

How can a player have a better career than that when he's robbed of the best 7 years then that? Wayne who? Oh Carey? Saw them both play, KT was twice the player. Without the injury and if he'd played the same amount of years that Ablett did he would have kicked 2000 goals and won 5 Brownlows.
    He was a force of nature. Was the sold reason I love footy and why we kept going to WO every second weekend.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

4. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was around for KT and it broke my heart when he went to Melbourne in the first of the million dollar trading spending spree.
    Ironically it was against Melbourne that did his career in so maybe karma that they paid all that money and did get too much in return.
    He would have to be the all time great CHF and would have no problems in today's game.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

6. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I think you went into that one hook line and sinker....

Most woof posters know of your love for KT. I only wish I got to see him.

You are woofs version of Nothing more certain than *Life *Death *Taxes

Twodogs = *KT *Goal kicking technique *Random story to go with majority of situations
    You forgot about him not being in the HOF. That's another hobby horse I love riding around.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

You forgot about him not being in the HOF. That's another hobby horse I love riding around.
    Never heard you mention it.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Did he really suggest trading himself to Melbourne or is that something we just choose to believe?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Did he really suggest trading himself to Melbourne or is that something we just choose to believe?
    It's true. After his knee he knew he was done and tried to get the best outcome financially for us. We were struggling and he had massive collateral. Barassi loved him and paid overs for him at the time. We were a shit show in 1982. Hart got the sack and we lost most games that year but we used some of the Templeton funds to actually start paying players real money and enticed / drafted a number of good players who very nearly took us to the big dance in 85.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

It is hard to believe isn't it? Kind of like Callan Ward will one day come back.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

If KT’s footballing ability was anything like his ability to appear in threads on this board he has no business being in, then he must have been amazing. Shame there’s no KT Jr.

13. Likes soupman, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway this is all moot because the real answer is Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

My favourite non Bulldog
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Buddy is the answer to is GAB Jnr better than GAB Snr?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    No. The answer is John.

Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Yes.

20. Likes soupman, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Buddy, absolutely love him. But not sure he's up there with senior.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.