Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Round #12 Match Committee

If you were on the Match Committee who would the likely ins and outs for the round 12 away game against the resurgent Saints side next Friday night at the Docklands?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round #12 Match Committee

Outs: Grant, Jones (get him touching the ball again)
    Ins: Will wait for the Williamstown match.

Post Thanks / Like

Grant out
    Cooney in

Post Thanks / Like

We are now 3 and 7. The time has come to embrace the kids and get rid of those who wont be there for the next tilt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petergm View Post
    We are now 3 and 7. The time has come to embrace the kids and get rid of those who wont be there for the next tilt.
    It's not like we haven't been playing the younger guys.
    Who are you suggesting we should be getting rid of?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Holl must never play for the club again, according to The Great Man on 774!
    Agree entirely

Dogmatic Guest

Maybe we can elevate future father sons such as Hunter and Beasley for next weeks game. They will probably be better than whoever else we bring in.

Dogmatic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Josh Holl must never play for the club again, according to The Great Man on 774!
    Agree entirely
    It's not looking good. It's so frustrating because he showed so much talent early in his career.

Post Thanks / Like

Hill ought to have a locker with his name engraved on it - at Williamstown. Grant needs a spell, doesn't offer anything. Hard to see what Higgins offers at the moment.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Hill, Grant, Higgins
    In: Wait and see.

-------------------------------------------------------

* Hill was dreadful. May have played his last game for the club. I defended him earlier in the year, but god, he's awful.

* Grant should not have played in the first place. Worrying signs. Never seems to be in the right position. Combination of footy nous and work rate I suspect.

* Higgins did a few OK things, but far from good enough. Doesn't offer anything defensively and struggles to find the ball. Only able to slot a few goals when the ball's given to him. I think he needs to go back to Williamstown and find confidence in his ability to play football again. A 3 or 4 week stint would be my suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm prepared to keep Higgins in, he wasn't terrible and showed some good signs.

I think we'll lose Shaggy, might save him because he was poor. I did like his elbow though, couldn't have hit a more deserving player.

Hill, done as far as I'm concerned.

Grant, Out. Horrible again although limited chances in the forward half.

I really don't think you can make many more realistic outs.

Post Thanks / Like

Just watching Willy, expect Tutt and Versper to push for selection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Just watching Willy, expect Tutt and Versper to push for selection.
    Agree both have been good have also liked dahlhaus and hoopers games. Will do a proper write up in the appropriate thread
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Its hard to see the point of changes. What bring Hill out bring Stack in? Same player really in terms of hardness, at least Stack looks interested I suppose.... Guys like Dollhouse and Schofield have to be looked at despite them not being ready. We seem to have 3 groups of players at present.

1 - Those who have a crack and back it up with skill Murphy, Gia, Morris and Griffen
    2 - Those who have a crack and crucify us with poor execution, led by Boyd this encompasses the majority of the team
    3 - Those who don't seem to have a crack Hill, Lake and Grant

It is hard to drop the guys having a crack ahead of those who don't. So the outs are easy (see point 3). But gee I'd love to send a message to Boyd that despite being told in a team meeting and probably beating himself up about his turnovers, that skill areas are killing us, I'd love to drop him, but we won't.

Its really disappointing. So what we bring another slow hard turnover merchant like Addison for who...Grant? So maybe

Vez for Grant
    Markovic for Lake
    Tutt for Hill
    Schofield for Boyd (to send a message that turnovers are not acceptable and will not be tolerated)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvinator View Post
    Its hard to see the point of changes. What bring Hill out bring Stack in? Same player really in terms of hardness, at least Stack looks interested I suppose.... Guys like Dollhouse and Schofield have to be looked at despite them not being ready. We seem to have 3 groups of players at present.

1 - Those who have a crack and back it up with skill Murphy, Gia, Morris and Griffen
    2 - Those who have a crack and crucify us with poor execution, led by Boyd this encompasses the majority of the team
    3 - Those who don't seem to have a crack Hill, Lake and Grant

It is hard to drop the guys having a crack ahead of those who don't. So the outs are easy (see point 3). But gee I'd love to send a message to Boyd that despite being told in a team meeting and probably beating himself up about his turnovers, that skill areas are killing us, I'd love to drop him, but we won't.

Its really disappointing. So what we bring another slow hard turnover merchant like Addison for who...Grant? So maybe

Vez for Grant
    Markovic for Lake
    Tutt for Hill
    Schofield for Boyd (to send a message that turnovers are not acceptable and will not be tolerated)
    Agreed. I just worry, at 30+ how much can we expect him to improve?
    It's not his endevour, but his skills. No quick fix for that and how can you drop the captain?
    Wish we could, but for who?
    Last edited by GVGjr; 04-06-2011 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Fixed quote error
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus